Will there be a MK III? >Feature Requests<

If they could add the reverb, delays & comp from the newer machines and overbridge Id be very happy.

if they would fuck off the overbridge altogether and consider consolidating their efforts and time into streamlining the hardware it would feel like good 'ol Elektron is back on track.
That software shit is shitā€¦

• reverb, comp, chorus/flange on every track separately
  • ability to replace drum sounds in bbox, maybe two bbox machines that can hold samples, some small poly in bbox
  • 8 tracks internal, 8 tracks external
  • velocity sensitive buttons on the stepseq

ā€¦ a mixture between md and MnM sounds epic actually.

If they could open up the BBOX for user samples, like the digibanks are, that would be wonderful.

There comes a point when youā€™ve p-locked the BBOX every which way from Sunday and you just want some different source material.

I wouldnā€™t even mind if it remained 12 bit for user samples.

1 Like

Some great ideas here! So, bump!

Iā€™d also add that the tilted form factor of the new A4 MKII and Rytm MKII would be pretty rad.

How far beyond the realm of possibility do you all think a MKIII is at this point?

I honestly expected to see a new MnM before a Rytm MKII, but no such luck. :thinking:

No mk3ā€™s thanks Elektron
Something completely new and different please :slight_smile:

1 Like

idk. a new mnm would be awesome

2 Likes

As long as it reads MKII SysEx exports :heart_eyes: ā€¦

It depends how new it is.
It would have to be extremely new, not just a tiny bit new like the OT mk2.
I can see it now, all new MNM mk3, now with OLED screen, new encoders and no OB :zonked:

2 Likes

NF-1m + Engine seems like a reasonable alternative to waiting for a MNMIII to materialise.

There is a large number of happy Monomachine producers (not just owners). Elektron would never offer something that wonā€™t match the former version. We frequently discuss the overall workflow that Monomachine offers is due to parts (parts that are no longer in production). It is quite interesting to reflect on any Monomachine reintroduction, as it sounds rational.

yeah i have to agree. it would have to be a whole new thing, but how awesome would that be?

Waiting for MkIV

1 Like

Yeah a whole new digital thing would be best, not even related to MNM.
The danger with these upgrades is repackaging products technology and software they already have, resulting in nothing new to the table

1 Like

Yeah but FM synthesis, Wavetable synthesis, etc. are all still pretty useful, no? And combining them with Conditional Trigs, an OLED screen, hi-res encoders, OB, adding better effect algos with some beefed up DSP, and then getting more modular internally with it by having more assignable modulation sources and destinationsā€¦ would be the beeā€™s knees!

Not sure if it was mentioned, but I think a Resonator-esque plonky ā€œmachineā€ (like the MI Rings) would be pretty cool to add as a new ā€œmachineā€ type.

I mean, when was the last refresh anyhow? A decade ago?

What would this whole new digital thing be? What form of synthesis?

if they went with FM and various filter types and freely assignable ā€˜modulesā€™ to some extentā€¦ nothing to deep and intense like a nord modularā€¦ but something like audio rate modulators, looping envelopes and things that free up from the grid/sequencer while at the same time expanding on the FM engines and perhaps 1 polyphonic voice somewhereā€¦ add a bunch of FX like in the OTā€¦ and a ā€œfreezeā€ function somewhere like in spectral processorsā€¦ and still receive pitch and modulation info while ā€˜frozenā€™ etcā€¦ weird stuff that doesnā€™t immediately seem useful except as part of a larger sound design structureā€¦ stuff like that would interest meā€¦ w/the modern elektron sequencer and P locks etc etcā€¦

thereā€™s a lot of fun and weird and great sounding stuff they could do w/a decent amount of DSPā€¦ i guess getting the code right and the price point right etc is key.

+1 to resonators and feedback machines and stuff.

3 Likes

Yep all of the above would be great, add phase modulation, sampling, wavetables with user tables, and at least another 8 knobs. Cā€™mon the world finally deserves a knobby FM synth doesnā€™t it? The existing 8 knobs just donā€™t cut it.
Analog filters would be nice but not essential.
All of a sudden it sounds nothing like a MNM.
History has shown mk2 revisions have been not much more than just a facelift, therefor whoā€™s to say mk3 wonā€™t suffer the same fate?
Hopefully Elektron start again and surprise us with something completely new and fresh.

1 Like

Yes sir. Totally does !

2 Likes

To sum it up, look at the proposed Waldorf Quantum and youā€™re virtually there :grinning:

Still sounds MnM to me. Or at least I can dream it doesā€¦ here in this MnM sub-forum.