Will the new OB have a decent midi delay function?

So I’ve got my whole hardware set up synced to the DAW and on the grid thanks to an ERM multiclock. The ERM plug in device in the DAW is triggering my multiclock which in turn triggers all my 8 hardware devices and MIDI delays are keeping the recordings on the grid in Ableton.100% happy.

BUT

When I try and multitrack my Analog 4 using OB, I get horrible delays on the signal when its coming back into the DAW, it’s very far off the grid compared to all my other hardware. It’s unusable.

Will the new OB have a midi delay function that will allow me to set up the signal to sit on the grid like all my other hardware? I can’t find any delay function in OB1 and am hoping it will be added to OB2?

If there will be no delay function on OB2, then my prediction is OB2 will only be of use to anyone using only Elektron machines over OB with no other hardware.

If you can change the MIDI delay in OB1, how?

I imagine that is one of the reasons we are seeing such delays on OB, due to the huge number of variables (PC/Mac, which OS of each, which DAW, which Audio Interface etc)

For example, in contrast to you, my OB machines (AR/AK) land on the grid in the exact correct place, and are perfectly in sync with the rest of my hardware all clocked via USAMO>Cirklon.

Midi delay would be really handy for sure, as I bet lots of people have similar experience to you.

However to disagree with your point; OB is of huge use to me, and I use other hardware alongside, so I imagine OB2 will only improve matters. :slight_smile:

And with regards to improving OB1 for you - i had problems with a previous config, and support suggested putting a track delay on the audio channel used to monitor and record the OB Machines. So may be worth giving that a try?