Why So Many Selling A4's?

It is just me or does this really look beautiful… :smile:

2 Likes

Or as you can see not worth keeping :kissing_heart:

Yep. They’re pretty.
Already sold the A4 tho.

If you take aside what’s special about the A4 and if you just take simple facts into account, i think there’s just one reason why they are sold:

• People always want fresh new stuff. The A4 MK1 is not fresh and new anymore. I think it’s neither a Victim of its own complexity nor do people let it go because it doesnt have “that” sound. I think the A4 MK1 is simply a Victim of the damn GAS. People trade it in to get something new.

• The A4 MK2 doesnt have Overbridge yet (at least not a true final Version). And the moment it came out there was no OB at all. Lots of people probably bought it under wrong assumptions. Anger and frustration summed up and now they sell it because over time it lost it’s attraction to them. OB being available as Beta now doesnt get them excited anymore. They wanted it in the first place.

Its probably not true for every seller but i assume that for a few (or maybe a lot?) these may be the reasons.

Btw: Here in Germany price is at around 600 € for an MK1 right now. Seems to be quite stable over time; last time i checked half a year ago it was the same as far as i remember.

2 Likes

I’m putting my A4 mkII up for sale in a few weeks. Had it for a bit more than a year but it doesn’t fit in my workflow and it’s too big for me - as a desktop unit point of view, that is. I don’t think it’s a very complicated synth and I’ve learnt a lot using it, but I’m not that fond of it and I already have an Octatrack, so I don’t need all that sequencing power.

In the future, if I ever reconsider getting one, I might go for the mkII version. I think it’s a more convenient form factor, although the encoders and buttons are way nicer on the mkII units (to my taste).

AK MkII ? You got my attention now !

1 Like

Hahaha my bad, just edited the post to prevent further confusion :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the controller - it’s just two pc4s next to each other with the knobs swapped. It’s almost as expensive as buying a second A4 but I’d rather have 4 voices I can grab than 8 that I can’t. It’s dead easy to map the controls and having access to all the parameters at the same time shows that it’s a decent sounding synth when you get the dials turning.
Faderfox do a triple sized one that’s the same format as the MK1 boxes. I’d probably have got one of those if they were available when I got these.

7 Likes

I would Like that new faderfox a4 Controller Box. Is it Out yet?

You mean the PC12? Yes, that one is out.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing man, that looks sweet, congrats!
so how does the controller work when it comes to catching up with the parameter value? are those encoders or pots?

But you can only turn two at a time :wink:

(Unless you sloppy palm turn)

LFOs?

1 Like

I mean, that’s a good portion of synths right? :man_shrugging:t2:

You can easily double that number when using your toes, too. :smiley:

Since these are standard pots it has the same problems as all devices and controllers which are using standard pots. Whenever you load a different sound all the positions are wrong (well, all which are different in the new sound, of course).

AFAIK the A4 also has no parameter value(s) request CC (like the OT, for example). So any external controller has no idea of the new value(s) until it get changed the first time.

You can automate a lot on the elektrons :wink:

have to admit sold mine only because of the size prefer the boxes better for gigs wish they would’ve stuck with that design on the upgrade oh well maybe in the future they will go back to the box

I spy…

5 Likes

Yes, I guess I was thinking of real time control.

Analog Died in 2018

1 Like

Rest In Peace

(wouldn’t let me say ‘RIP’ only or ‘F’)