Why keep (or get) the Analog Heat?

I would advise to send a loop from any drum box into Heat.
Get the two boxes synchronized.
Now play with auto env filter, use some distorsion…

Key thing is to hit Active button once in a while to stay on the same volume than the dry signal.

I found that @cuckoomusic and @CarlMikaelBjork were both eye opening on the numerous ways to use AH

1 Like

And thank you very much…:disappointed:
This box looked so interesting (for such a low price second hand) I had to buy it.
:smirk:

2 Likes

After seeing this I ended up researching and getting the tonelab, popped in a GT 12ax7 Mullard. I can’t tell you how pumped I get about how welll this thing is working out for getting monosynths to sound just right and sit in the mix… thanks!

2 Likes

Just a little confused by this thread.
You created this thread asking ‘Why not to sell my Heat?’
But I have just seen the other thread you had created earlier titled ‘Amazed by Heat’
Rather contradictory? I’m confused :loopy:

1 Like

Amazed by heat created Dec 16 ( he loves it) why not to sell my heat created 22 days ago ( he don’t know what it can do) am I missing something!! Time is twisted maybe.

I stil love the sound
And I love it to play with
But a big chance I will sell it

So I am amazed
But I find out I dont need it
And I think its very expensive

1 Like

If you do decide, let me know! But think you might regret it, the filter sounds like nothing else on the market, I run my virus ti2 through it, gets me everytime

The fact that you’re asking this question speaks for itself, actually. When in doubt, sell it. Maybe at some point in the future, when you’ll learn about mixes a bit more, you’ll have an epiphany of potential uses for it and buy another. Up until then, buying stuff on a whim with no prior research “because Elektron” (or whatever company you’re a fan of) is never a good idea.

3 Likes

Also, been mixing with Kush Omega plug-ins and they are really impressing me. The tube and neve emulations certainly add some magic (I didn’t buy the API and haven’t demoed it yet)

I’ve come to find that my Heat becomes distorted, not in a good way, when i play large chords into it from my Rev 2 or any other poly. This happens while the Heat is deactivated, not even processing the audio. I guess it’s a form of latency? Not in the sense that there’s a delay but just distortion. This makes the Heat unusable for poly synths. Even if the Rev 2 volume is mid range going in, it happens. Anyone got any ideas? I’m led to believe it just cant process that level of sound or something.

Gain staging is a huge part of working with analog gear and hardware generally. Sounds like you are running too hot into the unit so you are overloading the electronics even when you aren’t using any of the distortion processing. Try turning down your polysynth output until you get clean signal passing through when you play those big chords. The Heat also has a few level/sensitivity settings to play with. Once you get your gain stages figured out you won’t have to think about it much in the future. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

U mean Analog Heat is a compressor too? How?

Yep! Here’s another guys video on how to use Heat as a compressor
3 Likes

Nice to see someone else using one of these. I have the two pedal version and it’s awesome, one of my best purchases. I don’t use it on synths or drums, just guitar, but it is great value for money. Amp and cab sims kick ass and the many effects are a welcome bonus. Thing is build like a tank too, I couldn’t break it if I tried.

1 Like

my question is; why would I want the heat (another box) vs using the FX and sound on my A4 or Octatrack. Feels like overkill, no?
maybe im wrong :thinking: :upside_down_face:

After my a4, i have my Heat. Love heats saturation, can’t live without

2 Likes

Let’s say it this way: is bacon overkill in a hamburger, because it already contains meat?

If someone likes distortion effects the FX in the A4 or the OT are just one type of flavor. The Heat gives you much more variants to chose from.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying the analogy. Lots of different flavours in the heat.

Personally, I like ribs in my burger.

Although I do, of course, support our vegan brothers and sisters.

4 Likes

…even cheapest plastic sound becomes a huuge audio happening/event, once treated heated…
…anything gets truu analog charme and breath and oldschool deepness and warmth…
…envelope and lfo can bring life into anything, too…
…the cheapest way to skip most distortion and filter pedals at once…
…plus the overall soundesthetic of an old mixing desk when summing up…
…the most underrated tool from sweden…
…proper gainstaging is key…

6 Likes

And mustard, presumably

2 Likes