Why no Syncussion or Syndrum analogue machines?

Hi everyone, Syntakt is my first elektron device and it’s very very nice. The analogue machine list is already pretty impressive but I find it strange they haven’t made a syncussion machine or even syndrum (no analogue square wave on Syntakt for the latter though) or even Boss PC-2 …

Imagine a machine with one rotary for the A to F modes of Syncussion (Don’t know if the E mode is technically possible, but I think almost all syncussion modes are doable with the Dvco/syntakt engine) and dedicated sweep range and speed ! (that’s just software in the Syntakt after all) The Bend range on most syntakt machines is prestty limiting and you have to use an LFO with single cycle trigger to mimic a decent sweep range/depth and speed often.

Even to make simpler sounds of devices like syndrum or Boss PC-2 on a syntakt machine often needs the LFO as an pitch envelope generator. The noise decay within most snaredrum machine engines is also too short to get some typical syndrum sounds.

Now don’t get me wrong syntakt is a lovely machine. But it sometimes misses the directness of even the simplest classic drumsynths and thats a bit of a shame …

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Thoughts of Syntakt future possibilities