Why no retrig in digitone? Workaround?

This all sounds reasonable; it might pop or not sound nice. Circuit has it, so I could try it out. See if it pops or sounds lame. Thanks for thinking about this. Now I know what to look for.

(edit) Some more thoughts:

1. Digitone is also a drum synth, so retrigs would be appropriate.
  2. Retrigs are also cool on melodies see this on circuit 1.8
  3. will add example of this on Digitone when I get of my lazy ass.
2 Likes

I hear what you are saying about the glitchy effects type stuff, but at a slower scale and combined with conditional trigs, you can build a lot of variation into a sequence. It’s still quite useful compositionally for synth and melodic parts.

1 Like

What if there were another delay dedicated to ratchets/repeat per track? Sounds a little like a “cheat”, but depending on how much the processors are being pushed already, as well as available DSP power - it’s only four tracks. Maybe 1/2 second per track? A little out there - but (Perhaps) doable. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Take your sound and put it in the arpeggiator. Fiddle with the notes to get the retrig sound you want. Save the sound. Now you can plock your arp’d sound into the sequence. Works well for hats and snares etc…

10 Likes

I’ll try this out soon… Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

great solve!

Another way could be to place 3 trigs, and then use microtiming to move the first trig a whole step forward (well as close as you can) and then the second step forward to +1/32 and the third keep on grid. I just tested this and it works fine.

3 Likes