Why is deleting your account disabled here?

On other forums running this same software you can remove your account.

Why aren’t we allowed to remove our accounts? Seems silly.

@Joshua,

According to the fine print from Discourse, your account has to have 1 post or less to be capable of a self-delete.

Would you like us to delete it for you?

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

Also, we can batch delete all of your posts to speed up the process (I’m not sure whether or not that option is available to you).

I read all of this and, please don’t take this the wrong way, you don’t come across well. At all.

This doesn’t strike me as an issue with the mods in all honesty.

6 Likes

Agreed.

4 Likes

God, This place seems to be one big kindergarten. I’m just an occasional user since a year or so and this is by far the worst community I’ve ever witnessed.

All I read is, Elektron has to do it like this, that and why don’t they do it like I want?

I’m not to keen about the direction their taking either but fuck me, all this bitchin’ and “I’m in the right”-attitude is just wrong.

How the hell can people come here everyday to moan along.

Don’t you guys have stuff to do? I mean, seriously…

I have, so please feel free to delete my account as well as I don’t have time to sift through endless"I feel betrayed" posts…

1 Like

First : We don’t care of the Dialogue…
Secondly : You behave badly, tired of things before (probably) but don’t forget mods are not employees… they just human like you.

Then that’s what i think and you’re not targeted but this last time here there’s few people who behave badly. Our mods, and you can disagree … are good mods. They can make mistake, as every of us ! we are human. No need to throw them in public place.

There are many here that should grow. When I buy, read, suscribe something that I do not like, do I remain all day in front of the store/place to cry, frankly … Sometimes I wonder what people think of them to behave as such.

NB: i repeat this last few words not targeting you, i do not know your private case, i’m no mods. But i want to write this. Also Mods are probably tired of all of this… i would not to be in their position these days… :frowning: keep up the good works guys i enjoy this place there’s a lot of good people here !!!

2 Likes

And…

@Joshua did make some interesting contribution (most of them he deleted himself).
But he couldn’t handle a proper dialogue once the other people wouldn’t agree with him.
What annoyed me most was his tendency to twist the words so that they lose their original meaning in the context, and ride his war horse tight after.

I have just done what he required.
I think it’s better for the whole community.

5 Likes

From my point of view as a mediator I think that it’s always sad if someone leaves a place because of frustration.

I watched these threads from the beginning, typical examples for www-escalation.

Both parties missed the chance for excusation, instead they kept on arguing (If I had missed that fact, please excuse me, it beacme too long to read).

It’s never to late to catch up, imho (@Joshua + @avantronica).

EDIT: Ok, it’s too late :relaxed:

1 Like

Now that this has been dealt with, I’d like to underline the following :

• if you ever have a problem with a Mod in particular, please reach the other ones. We are grown up and we believe in dialog. With you, and between Mods.
  • at the time I’m writing this, we Mods don’t have specific rules to maintain peace and respect in this community. We will take the time during the summer to set a modus operandi for our actions, I feel that the recent events have shown it’s necessary, both to protect the spirit of this place, and to protect ourselves.
8 Likes

I don’t understand where all this drama is coming from! There’s been more drama on this forum in he last 6 months than any time I remember(except for maybe the Heat teaser thread)

Whatever happened to that whole “destroy negative energy with the power of techno” notion?

3 Likes

Initial question received answer.

=>

Moderating moderators is another subject, I explained how to deal with this. Flagging posts also works.
Now let me close this thread, nothing much should come out of this now.

2 Likes