Why can't the A4 do warm pads & chords? [SOLVED]

Here is my pad.
I set 2 tracks on the same channel in order to play them with unison and keep poly.
Maybe too much resonance for F1. F2 is set to increase bass, keytrack 32, maybe too much resonance too…

(Edited to reload soundcloud link, as they fckn change URLs)

11 Likes

Quite a lot of resonance there @ around 400hz, perhaps work on reducing that a little.

1 Like

Playing all the soundcloud clips at once makes an interesting noise. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good idea, next time I’ll post 8 times in order to have more voices. :smile:

2 Likes

I really like it. Also A4ish :slight_smile: It has it’s own character, I can often recognize it and I like this sound.
I’m happy that it doesn’t sound like xy

1 Like

haha. Hard one.
It’s especially difficult, cause no one knows what you put in OT and DT.
They sound all great, but all fail at sounding like a pad :wink:

1 Like

you thought this thread was about acid basslines? :wink:
No, it’s fine. Nice lines

1 Like
  1. Analog 4
  2. Digitakt
  3. Octatrack
  4. Digitone
  5. Monomachine

I’ll take a wild guess

1 digitone
2 octatrack
3 monomachine
4 analog four
5 digitakt

Shoot- that arp on three really should have tipped me off

I dont have a monomachine, I was going for the odd pitched up sample sound, opposite of what I would expect from MnM

Woohoo! I got three right!

1 Like

Very nice sound examples for all machines.
The 303 patch sounds great on the A4 :slight_smile:
Can you tell me the settings? Is it the mk1?

Source for that claim about the OSCs? Would explain why the A4mk2 and AS1 covered such similar ground for me.

There was a big thread on Synthesizers and Drum Machines on facebook about it. Essentially many all in one synth companies are getting their oscs from the same place. That includes the new Behringer Neutron. If you look at the DSI page even, it doesn’t say what the P6 or the OB6 use for a filter. Only says custom discrete. Certainly it’s not the original CEM or SEM filters because they are no longer being made. Only clones of them.

1 Like

Thanks, friend.

1 Like

Hey @Dusk1983 , your Soundcloud link appears to be broken (for me on iOS, at least). Would you mind checking and, if necessary, re-posting please?

Having spent the week reading through one of the most healthy Elektronauts discussion threads ever, I’m itching to hear where you ended your quest.

Iv decided to use tetra for pads, amazing sound

@Unifono i think i used one of your sounds in my last video, did you make BOCISH?

1 Like

I think it was @dustmotes if I remember correctly.
I recreated his patch and adjusted it slightly but I can’t remember the patch name

(Ambient, BoC) Live Looping - Analog Keys through Octatrack

1 Like