Why can't I stop RTRG'ing?

I have put RTRG on my scene B locks but it is doing some RTRG’s even when the fader is to the LEFT on scene A where I don’t have RTRG assigned to scene. why is this happening ?

1 Like

Start in test mode, calibrate fader as a first step. Verify value range.

2 Likes

RTRG=0? (Knob value)
Lfos?
You can disable scenes with Fn+Scene A or B to check if scenes are concerned.

1 Like

can I do this without losing my current projects?

the lowest value for RTRG is 1 ??
I have scene A disabled and when scene B has a RTRG locked to it, it also seems RTRG according to the RTIM when fader is to the left at the disabled scene A. when I put fader to left it RTRG’s the amount I want for the scene.

Just save your active project before entering test mode and everything will be okay.

And - yes - everything you describe hints at a problem in the calibration of the crossfader. Think of the crossfader as a percentage value where 0% is Scene A and 100% is Scene B. When the crossfader cannot reach 0%, but stops short at, lets say, 10%, a scene-locked value from Scene B will still influence the result even when the fader is on the far left. This also happens when you disable Scene A, because then the crossfading runs between the standard track values and Scene B.

So just do the calibration (after saving the current project) and everything will be probably back to normal.

4 Likes

Yes sorry! :smile:
:thinking:
But 1 should retrig, no ? :content:

CONFIRMED !!! I recalibrated the fader and it works fine now.
thanks @KaOsphere !!!

5 Likes

Hi! I have the same issue but still haven’t solved it. When you say calibrate, what specific thing is? I go to Test Mode, then press Function + Scene B and move the fader…is that it? because if it’s that, I’m still having the issue, maybe i’m missing something while calibrating. Thanks!

hmm did you press function + scene b while in test mode? as you move the cross fader back and forth the step keys light up to show you how far it reaches. it should light up the full range of step.
It did happen a couple of times so maybe just try again? maybe contact support if it doesn’t work out after a few tries.

I tried but I wasn’t able to calibrate it. I moved the fader back and forth, it goes green in both extremes… I think I have to contact support

Are you sure your problem is really related to the crossfader’s calibration and not caused by other settings like LFOs? Do you notice the problem also when plocking for example track volume to both extremes with SceneA/SceneB?

I’m not sure If it’s a problem related to crossfader’s calibration, I’m trying to figure it out. I have all the LFO’s at zero and I’ve experienced a similar issue with scenes and the pitches…assigning a sample pitched in C (for example) and assign scene A to pitch with zero modification and scene B with 12 semitones…when I go back to A, it’s not C, I think it’s sort of C#. And yes, I’ve also have the same problem with volume…it’s quiet, but If I turn up the volume I can hear the sample, so it’s not at minimum.