Machinedrum secondhand prices are getting crazy

They will NEVER come down to that price. This is an instrument, not a frikkin mobile phone. It does the same job in 20 years, if you are gentle to it. Prices are more to rise, bc some will get faulty and die.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: original 909 sold for about Ā£350, now youā€™ll pay Ā£3000+ for good condition one.
Original MD UW mk2 cost ā‚¬1590
ā€¦ Do the math :wink:

6 Likes

The prices could go up in the futureā€¦ Or downā€¦ Or up then down then up again, etcā€¦
Only time will tellā€¦

2 Likes

If i could only keep one piece of gear (except a computer) for the next 10 years, it would be the MDUW+ :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Because although based on digital technology, the MD is a musical instrument and as such does not depreciate. Except if thereā€˜s a new model with essential features.

Thus, if youā€˜re looking for a lower priced :elmd: then search for MK1, without UW. Those fetch about half the price of an MD MK2 UW+.

3 Likes

Wow if prices are expected to go up in value then I may look into making an offer to buy my friendā€™s MD that he has been gracious enough to loan me!

In Germany MDs are getting more rare and more expensive recently. I think a lot of these machine habe been abused quite a bit (livegig, smoking, trippin environment) . If you are able to get one for a good price nowadays (good depends on what you are willing to pay) I suggest you should get one.
I think for a good uw + model I would have paid about 800-850 euro. Lucky me got one for below 650 on eBay :))

1 Like

What Iā€™ve found interesting is that the md and the mnm used market seems to ignore entirely the reduced price both synths had before being discontinued. A non uw mkii was 599 retail when the silver boxes were cleared out

But if I remember correctly it was only a very short time as a clear out. When rytm came out everyone expected a price drop of the MD but until the very last batch the MD was almost as expensive as the rytm

1 Like

I still kick myself for not picking up an MD alongside the MM I grabbed during the clearout. :meh:

1 Like

Absolutely! Me too. Times move on, and the MD covers enough ground to replace the classics easily. For me.

1 Like

I love love the sounds of the MD! It blows away my Volca beats. The large size is really the only downside.

1 Like

The Machinedrum has the potential to be a much more expensive instrument in the future.

• It is the only Elektron machine with a unique sound that you can identify at once when you listen to a track. As much as I like the Analog Rytm, it lacks this ā€œidentityā€ that defines it as an instrument

• The bass is iiiiincredible. I never came close to anything like that with other drummachines. A subtile kickdrum that also works on the edge of a very low dub bassline - just fantastic and still crystal clear with tons of low end at the same time

10 Likes

Couple of days ago I cranked up a track Iā€™d done just on the MD and when the bass kicked in my windows rattled and my Model 15 shat its pantsā€¦

2 Likes

The whole timing of the sequencer is unique, too imo. Maybe itā€™s because of the sound but nothing bangs so much in your face timing wise. Even a stupid 4/4, no polyrhythms and such new shit :star_struck:

(I like polyrhythm etc but you know what I mean)

2 Likes

Apparently the jitter on the MD clock is not greatā€¦

This is a great website for anyone interested:

http://www.innerclocksystems.com/new%20ics%20litmus.html

3 Likes

Interesting read. Love the web design as well :slight_smile:

6,37ms - good lord!!!

Maybe my brain jitters in MD uw offset. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love someone to run a back to back test with the MD, Rytm, and MFB Tanzbar drum machines in head to head competition. I saw one for the Rytm MKII, Tanzbar and other machines and the Tanzbar to me sounded the best as well as the JoMax Alphabase system.

1 Like