Why are the DT's inputs labeled L/R?

Overwhat?

just started a thread a second ago after discovering 2 days ago that they mess up my stereo field from the inputs … cryyyyyy

A brige over troubled samplers…

They are really Under the Bridge.

2 Likes

but if they are summed to mono, what difference does it make? LOL

Totally but we would still end up with post complaining about how elektron arbitrarily labels the inputs 1/2 and so the user can’t figure out which channel is right and left. You been on this board for a while, it’s a plausible scenario.

1 Like

They’ve just added the labels now so they don’t have to change stencils for the mkii. :joy: Future proofing the production. :smiley: Btw, the mkii will also support OB which will «become available at a later date». (Couldn’t resist :wink: )

lol true that

1 Like

Sometimes I feel
Like I don’t have a sampler
Sometimes I feel
Like my only friend
Is the forum I post in
The forum of Elektron
Lonely as I am
Together we cry

6 Likes

Not as long as Elektron is still selling the stereo OT

1 Like

Yeah, it doesn’t make sense/ the DT wouldn’t be a feasible method of stereo sampling anyway.

Limited storage for efficiency- sample sizes would double in size at least

I just was stereo pass through- hopefully that will be enabled once it’s sound card abilities are enabled with OB

:joy:

1 Like

If it sums to mono?

Am I missing something.

Some clues above and elsewhere …

Hmm still don’t get it.

Overbridge?

DT has many mysteries :slight_smile:
I have another one: why is it called “8 track Drum Computer & Sampler”. It sounds like it should have drum synth machines :wink:

The Tracks have a mono flow - i.e. a mono filter after mono playback - so that aspect is set

The External Ins are also useful if you want to use the device as an ad hoc sound card

You can also monitor and effect the stereo inputs in true stereo if you pan the mixer ext ins in dual mode - but it still samples in mono of course

Overbridge etc

1 Like

What happens if I load a stereo sample in. Could I use up two tracks and hard pan the same sample left and right?

Any sample you put into the digitakt gets the left and right channels added together. There’s no stereo information to pan at that point. You would need to export the sample twice. One mono left channel file and one mono right channel file. Load two slots with those samples and then pan them to get the original stereo image. It’s not worth the hassle

Oh, now you’ve let the cat out of the bag.
That was one of the upcoming announcements.
Hope they’ve got a back up plan.