Who we are

Interesting, I never thought they were user friendly for the masses…
I thought they were complex advanced units for music geeks… :joy:
Didn’t now they had a mystique when I got them, I’m the only one in my town with them…

I didn’t think I’d ever read that about the MPC Live :joy:
The Elektron products are arguably not so easy to pick up, so the Live might be easier to pick up at first (although many of the defaults in the OS are surprising to say the least), but the UI/UX quirks, the bugs and all the missing capital features kills the user-friendliness for me. I won’t even talk about performance oriented features of Elektron vs the Live, that would just be ridiculous…

I guess I spent too much time rocking the mystique… :place_of_worship:

Can’t we just have one company that makes complex stuff that’s hard to learn but if you put your time in the efforts yield advanced results?

Most everything else is going the simple quick fast and easy route…
Can’t we just have at least one? If not, MK1’s for the next 20 years for me… :smiley:

I think “user-friendly” if far different from “ready to play with”. I’ve got a Digitakt and I find it super user friendly. Of course you’ve got to take the time to learn it, and that might take longer than with other gears, but once it’s done, it feels really intuitive, there is no operation that might be a PITA to do and redo every time.

1 Like

Fair enough.

But see, I’m thinking of something as simple as selecting a pattern.

With the Elektrons, you hold Bank + Trig - that’s a two finger combo. In the grand scheme of everything, that’s nothing and super easy.

But compare that to just using 1 finger because you have all your patterns in front of you, all the time.

Very subtle difference and nuance, but makes a world of difference when you’re performing.

Why Elektron doesn’t allow us to to lock the pattern page, in 2018, is confusing to me.

I think the Elektrons in a way are super easy to use once you learn and practice them, not a first maybe but after awhile when everything clicks I think the UI of the OT and Rytm are brilliant and highly thought through…

The OT and Rytm can do tons of awesome stuff for live improv, but they require a lot of pre setup…
For me that perfect because you can customize things to your own needs and come up with extremely detailed and unique/personal functions…

1 Like

I wish Elektron was hiring local California sales demo field engineer reps. It would be a fun job!

A lot of Californians engineer fields, and have to rep their demos for sales… :smile:

Elektron has a job open for Director of Sales though. Sales engineer is below that who actually works with vendors to demo their gear and convince them to sell to customers.

To clarify, I wasn’t defending sub standard units being shipped, it is always unacceptable and disappointing, I was just offering the reason for why it might be the case, because humans were doing it.
It seems that Elektron recognised this by deciding to switch to a machine for the button checking. No doubt such a machine would be a significant expense, probably a bespoke solution, so this at least implies that the problems are being addressed.
Reports of customers getting multiple faulty units is of course bad, but at least it seems that this is not commonplace - although understandably this is of little comfort to those unfortunate enough to have had multiple faulty machines - in cases like that they should be refunded I think and given a non faulty unit free of charge.

The other thing to consider is that people who didn’t get a faulty machine don’t tend to mention it, so it is probably quite rare given the number of units sold, that said I’d be extremely pissed too if I was unlucky enough to get a dud.

3 Likes

Sort of but more like Fungineers working for Skunkwater with Sour Diesel candies… :joy:

1 Like