Who is doing interesting stuff with two Digitones?

This person just released their great album, all with two Digitones

3 Likes

im listening to it rn! album is so lovely

Here is an example of what can be done with a single instrument. In this case with a Digitone Keys.

3 Likes

Quick update: tried it, DN‘s horrible track muting and selection got in the way. Sold the second DN again and replaced it with a Syntakt, perfect combo imo. Only thing I‘m missing is DN polyphony for setting release of hats to really long and make it a noise bath. Doesn’t work with ST being mono.

1 Like

Maybe it’s worth buying a Digitakt just to mute the Digitone via MIDI :wink:

I work with two DN and I love it. Don’t get the “horrible track muting” of the DN because it’s the only digibox where tracks have separated buttons. I find the navigation, muting and everything else way more quick on DN than Syntakt.

Glad it’s working for you! Many people here find the muting and track selection confusing on DN. OT and A4 also have dedicated track buttons for example. But it’s always clear that if you push them without function, you select them. Push them with function, you mute them. It‘s almost impossible to accidentally mute or select a track. DN doesn’t act this way, and the lighting of the track buttons is not making it easier. It makes me scared of jumping around on the device in live/recording situations, which is a shame. Now DT and ST can also be a bit confusing at times because of all the things trigs can do depending on the mode you’re in. But there are a lot less accidents happening for me and others. It’s the only bad thing I really can say about DN, which I love to bits otherwise.

@Mistercharlie: I have a DN, but I don’t want to route my MIDI that way. I also prefer to use the dedicated controls of each Elektron so I don’t get more confused.

1 Like

the fact that there are four buttons corresponding to both midi and synth tracks, that both have global and pattern mutes, and the translucence of those buttons barely allows LED colors to come through is what makes it a bad mute system. Why they didn’t just use the ‘keyboard’ the same way they did with digitakt, I’ll never know. Just indicate that the synth and midi tracks are only 1-4 instead of 1-8 lol

They simplified the mutes and made in coherent with the DT since OS 1.41:

Sorry but I still prefer the Digitone UI, more fluid and elegant than Syntakt imo.