Who else does NOT like the MPC Live?

MIDI in only receives on a single channel right now (according to the manual & forums). Someone correct me if this is wrong. So still waiting on some feature stuff there. I’m optimistic that Akai will get to this.

It’s mainly lack of $$$ that’s stopping me getting one.

Please tell me more about your DT and 404 combo :wink: I used a 404sx for quite some time and like to hear what folks do with it.

Now I sound like a fetishist.

Oh dude it was awesome. Having the DT’s sequencing with the 404’s crazy sampling times and stereo sampling along with the MFX was wild. So many possibilities. The only downside was resampling back to the DT since it converts everything to mono. Otherwise it was a dope sampling set up. Using the midi channels on the DT to plock samples from the SP was also tons of fun, although the SP has limited external midi control.

1 Like

Well, they did implement the shortcuts and they are quite good.
Not a huge fan of the new synth, nice but something’s off, not sure what, but then again my tastes are peculiar. The Autosampling though is really nice to have

1 Like

So all in all I returned the MPC Live today. It’s not a bad product but it’s just not for me and I figured the longer I wait the more chance it has to get damaged in my care. I feel like if I had a lot of external gear it would’ve been much more worth it, but at this point in time I’m perfectly happy sticking with Maschine.

7 Likes

Good for you man. Sometimes it just doesn’t work. Keep making bangers with maschine

7 Likes

Sometimes it’s not about the features, but if it just works good. Machine works good, and Push 2 works good.

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: 100 % Analog Rytm

I totally get that. I’ve been dawless for most of my time making music (home studio setups for more than 15 years) and because of that I have always loved MPCs (up to the MPC1K/2500) and hardware samplers.

I recently got a really nice computer (needed one for work) and I decided that it was time to streamline things and give DAWs a chance again. After messing around with Logic and NI Komplete 12 over the past few days, I’m looking at my DT and thinking, I hope OB comes soon and brings something to the table or it could go at some point.

2 Likes

OB is till the only reason I haven’t picked the DT back up yet, although I have been mulling it over quite a bit. I loved everything about it, but with out OB I felt like I had to keep my tracks simple just to make recording/mixing in DAW easier for myself.

I do really miss just flipping the switch and going, though. It’s seriously one of the fastest ways to make beats imo.

1 Like

It’s not the prettiest box. But it’s standalone and it can power a usb keyboard. It’s low key very powerful. I’m not feeling the touch screen either. But you get used to it

4 Likes

See for me those features are great, but it’s kinda like having a second computer with pads on it. I still have my older touch screen laptop with live 9 and a Launchpad Pro so in a sense thats as powerful as the MPC Live, albeit not as portable.

2 Likes

We need to remember that the live was made for portable use without have to plug into a wall.

1 Like