Who are your favourite live acts?

I was looking for Colin Benders on rooftop, indeed :wink:

So lucky to have seen Cortini live.
Unfun fact: I have discovered Avanti then checked for concerts only to find he had been in the concert place next to my flat two weeks before.
:scream::sob:

1 Like

Haiku hands

2 Likes

Missed the OT part at first lol.
Drew McDowall

1 Like

Damn.

4 Likes

Pan Sonic were always amazing live (the time they played every day for a month in London, clocking in and out on a regular schedule, was particularly engrossing).

(oh - sorry - no OT)

5 Likes

Mesmerizing!!

2 Likes

Ahahah I dig this

1 Like

holy shit I had no idea container played live sets, this is exactly the inspiration source I’ve been looking for! Thank you!

1 Like

first saw Dubtribe Sound System in the back room at Fever (Baltimore) in 1994 and just saw them again here in LA last year. whether together or playing his solo stuff, Sunshine Jones always brings it live

1 Like

I like her older records too.

Did take me a while to get into her newer stuff. Its good though.

Some OT in it for the er… topic.

3 Likes

Check out his IG if you use that. socialcontainer. The show this weekend looks insane.
I think he still just uses mc-909, 4track and delaypedal + some other pedal

You can see Actress using an Octatrack + Monomachine here -

And he talks about the philosophy of his music I guess here, with an Octatrack on this lap -

He seems to use a variety of gear though.

3 Likes

I really think this video is a masterclass in Elektron live performance. It features live sampling, great song transitions, and entirely contained with the Elektron workflow.

Pretty silly actually that this video seemed to cause some slight bickering here a couple years ago. I think it’s fantastic!

5 Likes

Just read that back.

Hilarious.

Decent set.

2 Likes

Check out Matters, UKAEA and Giant Swan if you get chance. They were the three most enjoyable electronic live performances of last year for me. Thomas Ankersmit also blew my mind.

1 Like

Innovative, but they were always kind a live band

Loved Mouse on Mars. Squarepusher was also fantastic as DJ or live band. DMX crew, when joining the dance crowed. uZiq, when replacing Plaid as live act in a church…what a discovery. All of this was like 25 years ago…so yeah, I‘m old.

2 Likes

I love these guys live.

The show I saw they brought the drum kit into the center of the crowd while still trying to play and we made a typhoon of people by running around him while the bassist was wearing a squid costume and spinning.

I feel like I’m remembering a stoned dream, and in a way it was.

Oh shoot, I didn’t really read the OP, I was just excited to share a band I like.
Gotta admit I’ve only seen punk and surf rock bands live.

1 Like

Iron Maiden.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed that. Great blend of creative Elektron weirdness and groovy dance stuff, performed as a full cohesive DJ-like set. :sunglasses: