White Ring

So I’ve never heard of them and was only vaguely aware of the witch house genre. But this morning I was going down the Bandcamp rabbit hole and stumbled upon them. I loved them, listened to everything, got obsessed, was crushing hard on that singer, then a few google searches later found out that she died in 2019, and despair struck me like a surprise car crash. It’s so damn sad and it all feels so cryptic because I can’t find any info about how or why she died… anybody know anything about this?

5 Likes

Damn that sucks! Love White Ring!

1 Like

A long term illness.

1 Like

But what was the “illness”?

Something physical like a cancer or disease? Or something mental like depression that led to suicide?

I should go to bed, but I’m still brooding. So the original singer and the new singer are so similar I can hardly tell them apart and this got me thinking… imagine if an artist, or any person really, had it announced cryptically over social media that they had died but in reality there had just been a shift in their personality so to speak and they were suddenly different with a different name but it was still the same individual and everyone close to them was in on it… sorry for getting weird but I find this concept very fascinating… I know it’s not the case but what if it were… :thinking::pleading_face::sob: goodnight

Don’t look up Avril Lavigne conspiracy theories :wink:

3 Likes

Come on, I’m having an honest tender moment of sadness and contemplation here… I just want to know what happened to her :pensive:

She died at 37, and I’m 37 for a few more days

2 Likes

That’s really sad news. I worked for her father in Seattle for many years.

Who was her father? Do you have any stories about him or her that you’d like to share?

Her father owned a popular restaurant in Seattle that closed 5 or 6 years ago. I worked there for 8 years and knew the rest of the family pretty well, but only met Kendra briefly once or twice. I can only speculate what happened so I’d rather not say.

2 Likes

Wow… it’s like they streamed this just for me. All my questions are answered.

2 Likes

Yeah white ring is great, I was really into all that witch house stuff. Sad to hear that she’s gone now :confused:

Ah I love a good follow up post.

Such a sad story. So much talent and opportunity, but reduced to being imprisoned within herself. I hope that one day people here in the States wake up and start taking addiction serious and stop making it out as if it’s a simple choice that people make and a choice they choose to continue. The mental health support here is so pathetically under funded and under developed. Simply tragic to think of the millions of individuals and families affected by it.

3 Likes

yes. please.
lost a few friends to suicide. addictions were a massive part in each one of their situations…

3 Likes

Simply tragic, and my condolences to you friend.

1 Like

it sucks, but we move on, right?
Right?