White noise issue when recording with Analog Rytm Mk2

Hey,

I am trying to sample into my Analog Rytm Mk2 via the Audio In. When I hit record I’m picking up a large amount of white noise. I have tried several different cables and also tried sampling via the Ext In but the same problem keeps happening!

Does anybody know why?

Thanks,
Evan

Maybe your levels are too hot?

Or maybe it has something to do with the device you’re sampling, not the ar.

There is a noticeable noise floor if you are using the compressor / distortion or not properly gain staging…it’s just the nature of analog gear

I’ve tried recording in with a microphone too, same issue! It’s just pure white noise so I doubt it’s the levels.

never gonna work

sounds like the inputs are recording nothing and ‘noise’ is the noise floor boosted

check rec source is what you think and feed the audio in only

2 Likes

Does it decrease if you turn the Master Compressor Mix to 0, the Master Distortion to 0, and all Tracks OverDrive to 0?

Audio source is definitely set to Aud L+R, all individual track overdrive levels set to 0, as are the master compressor mix and master distortion mix levels.

I’ve tried it with multiple devices and a microphone and the same thing happens again and again! It picks up the audio source, but it is always smothered in white noise.

1 Like

Sampling internally still works though!

Did you figure this out? Im getting the same thing. With no cables plugged into the external inputs and source set to AUD L&R all recordings are just loud white noise. Playback of external instruments is fine. Only recordings affected.
New user.

EDIT: The issue was that I did not realise that I was plugged into External inputs trying to record rather than the Audio In inputs. I didn’t even notice them there. It’s actually a little annoying that you can’t just sample from the external in sockets.

1 Like

You can actually, if you set the source to main, you can sample the ext ins. I think the signal is less loud than the audio ins though, so quality might be lower, and theres also the risk of picking up noise from the internal tracks.

1 Like