White noise / Hiss when sampling

So today I received my DT I bought on Ebay and there is noise when I’m sampling.

When I’m on the sample / direct screen and I press yes to sample, if there is no audio coming into the inputs, there is a wave of white noise being recorded. As soon as I play something from my mpc output into it, it records it but the noise is not in the sample.

You can see in my second recording, the noise wave is being recorded (no sound playing), as soon as I hit a pad on the mpc, the noise disappears and continues recording.

Even when I use the Rec Arm function, since there is noise, it will automatically start recording.

I’ve made a video to demonstrate the issue (excuse my slowness, I only just received the unit today so still getting used to the functions lol)

I have tried sampling from my audio inteface output, same issue. I have used the same cables to sample from my computer to my mpc to rule out the cables and it samples into the mpc with no issues.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is it to do with the auto normalisation?

Cheers

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sampling empy inputs leads to white noise

The answer was an easy search away :wink:

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

keep it tidy :thup: