Which monitors do you use?

Adam a8x in studio, good for making music, i dont like it t listen classical music on it
Dynadio bm12 at home… lovely but expensive. Not necessary for a studio for electronic music

Does anyone use Adam A7X? Thinking of moving onto them, lots of reviews saying they don’t have much bottom end for electronic music? Maybe teaming them up with Adam Sub 7?

I have got the A7X. Got used to work with them at a friends place, lovely monitors for long hours. Quite easy on the ears.

Since the highs sounds so pleasing I tend to push them a tad much. I am getting out of that habit as I compare my mixdowns with others.

I find the bass a bit hard to judge in my room, but that was not a problem at my friends place (also got the same issue with other speakers in my room). Found that gently feeling the cone with one hand helps loads to mixing drums and bass. Generally the bass is enough for what I think a sound system can reproduce, so don’t think a sub is needed - I just mix the bass 3 or so dbs less than what feels right.

The stereo field is superb. For subtle reverb and detail I compliment them with a pair of DT990 headphones which reveals things I have hard time hearing with the Adams.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thought I’de bring this one up again as it’s nearly 2017 :slight_smile:

I’m currently using Yamaha MSP5’s but thinking of an upgrade to Adam A7X’s.

Anyone else like to chime in, feel free.

I feel comfortable with my Neumann kh120a’s. They seem decent so I recommend them to anyone who mixes in a small space.

2 Likes

I use a pair of Alesis Monitor 1 Mk2’s (which I guess aren’t made anymore). Very nice sound, but my room isn’t treated at all. I use DT770’s to track with.

Alesis mk2 are quite weak for being quality (home) studio monitors, big problem with the bass spectrum IMO, and not that much stereo field…

I’m using now a pair of Ino Audio PIPs, an obscure DIY version of the Guru Audio QM10… There are some little info to be found on the web, but very little… Mostly you will need to use google translation to be able to decode swedish language :slight_smile:

The definition and space field are amazing. And they develop enough bass for my needs, and really clean bass. No mud at all, and definitely an incredible experience to listen to the sound field these tiny monitors can create, while seeming to disappear, or not being the actual sound source one is listening to… ah ah!

Love my Ino Audio’s, I wish I could get to sweden and bring back some subs and bigger systems from the same engineer!

I’ve had these for a few days now and I can’t recommend them enough. They are amazing!

Yamaha HS8 (black). Man, I was surprised how huge they are when they arrived!
I know that they aren´t the most professional monitors, but they deliver a balanced sound with good low end.

1 Like

Yamaha HS7

1 Like

HS8s are big! They’d be too much for my room. HS7s here, I like them a lot.

3 Likes

I have a pair of A7X, but I do think they lack a little bass. They are my first monitors and they’re great on the high end. Does anyone recommend subwoofers with the A7X?

Presonus Sceptre S8’s they have a big sweet spot and are tuneable. Very happy.

1 Like

Event Tria system I’ve had for decades. They do the job in my tiny studio. When I play out I use QSC k8s.

adam a7x, at-m70x, tivoli cube =)

Ok, I ended up sending the Yamaha SW10 sub back as it was damaged. Got a great deal £1025 on a pair of Adam A7X’s + Adam Sub 7.

Does anyone have any thoughts how to go about the crossover on these as can’t seem to find any frequency charts online to see where they actually start rolling off.

just wanted to add… My upstairs neighbours SUCK. They are often loud, it’s the worst when their little kid is unleashed. Talking to them hasn’t helped at all.

So when then that happens I just blast something like this until they’re quiet.

Usually doesn’t take more than 3 tracks…

tl;dr: these speakers have fuck ton of bass even when turned up loud.

1 Like

ADAM A3X’s. Almost got the A7X’s but then realised they weren’t suited to my room size. The A3X’s are great though for a smaller space.

Hi! Im use ProAc Studio 100 and im very happy. Very nice monitors

Just switched to using isoacoustics speaker stands from el cheapo metal speaker stands. Really satisfied with the outcome. If you’ve ever been on the fence about these, or if your monitors are table mounted, you need to buy these!

The lowend response changed (for the better IMO), and the midrange separation/detail/clarity improved. Solid two thumbs up!