Which midi controller should i get?

Hi, im going to get my first midi controller and i am confused. in my country, the Novation launchkey mk3 37 and komplete kontrol m32 is similar in price. i’am confused which one to pick.

i know komplete kontrol m32 has a really good software bundle and has a good keybed but i’m afraid the small keys are affecting my play. while the launchkey 37 has a full sized keys but i hear that the keys are not as good as native instrument’s.

I’m a pianist and i think the way the key feels and the size of the keys are important. so should i go with the native instruments’ smaller but better feeling keys or the Novation’s bigger but less better feeling keys?

better yet, if you have both of them can you tell me which one you prefer?

And if you have the launchkey mk3 how does the keybed feels? Is it good?

Welcome to the community! I think you answered your own question, though. If you’re a bonafide pianist, you need full size keys, end of argument. You could always try them out at a store to make sure, or save up a little more for the keybed that satisfies you the most :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As @craig said, I can only encourage to try keyboards in a shop.

If you are a pianist - in contrary to a keyboarder - you might find the touch and feel of typical synth keyboards feeling wrong . There is a big difference between weighted keyboards and semi-weighted keyboards on the one side and a real piano keybed on the other.

I know pianists, who don’t like synth-keyboards to perform on.

This said, if you want to key in some notes only, or to have a well built controller for your DAW both will do a great job … but for performing I would check them out in a shop. If you like them instantly, get one of them …

If using Ableton the Launchkey has better integration

Software package with the m32 is great though, a lot of value for the money

1 Like

Pretty sure Launchkey 3 has tonnes more features.