Where is Overbridge development status at?

Hey, simply asking where’s the development of Overbridge is at these days?
It’s been a while we had updates or communication on it.
Cheers to the devs :v:

2 Likes

I wonder this as well. My Analog Heat and DN are unstable when using Overbridge. I have stoped used Overbridge with my DN. It works much better without overbridge. I am starting to get really annoyed by this.

1 Like

As an AR/A4 mk1 user I gave up on OB a long time ago.
As a fairly recent DN/DT user I am very much hoping they get this wrapped up soon.
But, from the previous experience and the long long threads as a guide…don’t hold your breath. It’s been a subject of extreme anger and disappointment for many for pretty much the whole time.

OB2 works since a few releases ago on my Mac and DT/DN so I haven’t changed anything.

Last update was 30 days ago, it’s still in active development.

7 Likes

#Beta4Life!!!

7 Likes

It works very well for me (w10/bitwig 3.1) but thats the trouble with software. So many variables. Assume theyre still ironing out some of the kinks but I haven’t had any problems with it. Sometimes I forget its still in open beta.

2 Likes

I agree with you, it works well for me as well.

I know it’s controversial but I think we deserve, as customers (and fans first), some kind of update or communication. I don’t expect it to be perfect any time soon but I’d be happy to get some more.

1 Like

We are getting regular updates to the software, and hopefully the people who are using it are filing big reports when they encounter them… so if the software is working well for you personally, and Elektron is issuing regular updates to it… what more do you want? Some sort of status blog post or something? I don’t know what purpose that would serve. The software has been developed and released and they are just fixing bugs, addressing the things in the “Known Issues” column, and dialing it in. We already know what they are doing just by extrapolation so I don’t really need them to write that down and tell me. The only difference between a beta version and release version from our perspective is just them feeling that it’s stable enough to say “out of beta guys.”

3 Likes

Should be ready in 30 to 45 minutes.

3 Likes

On the rack or in the pan?
Also, what elevation
:slight_smile:

Love the 707 in that aspect. Asio multitracking without additional software for the win!

1 Like

You can do that with elektron devices as well :wink:

We are getting regular updates

Unless I’m wrong, we = those who signed in the beta. It’s been two years man, an official statement isn’t much to ask. ETA, road map or anything other than debugging logs.

Anyway, I see that some are almost offended to read that I would like to read an official status of OB, so let’s just close this thread it’ll go nowhere and this isn’t important.

cheers

1 Like

You can plug a digitone into your computer, and record all 4 tracks and whats stuffed into ext in without overbridge into your daw, at the same time?

Strange, always worked flawless here both Win7 and 10… Mac user ?

Only time Overbridge has been a bitch to me is with the latest update, my Heat stopped working.

I’m thinking you won’t get any development schedule outside of public releases. In this case, the beta releases, which Elektron does drop regularly with release notes. I don’t know many software companies that’ll tell you their working SW roadmap, unless they are officially announcing something at a big event. Guessing you’re looking for the latter? Why not contact them directly on their support channels. You might get more detail at least.

Just a thought for what it’s worth (I know, not much).

1 Like

Yes. Just use it as your asio audio interface and you get 4 stereo tracks, main, input

3 Likes

Awesome, do you think it’s possible to have the DT and the DN plugged in that way?

Yep, Mac.
I had issues with timing, crackling audio and in one case a project that got corrupted after instantiating the A4 plugin which caused a crash. I never got it too open, thankfully I was able to open a version of it that was only a few days prior.
At that point I couldn’t trust OB1 in current projects.
DN/DT with Ob2 has been great so far though on second to last update. I’ll probably stick with that for awhile.

1 Like

In windows this is not possible because you can only have one active audio interface active. So for 2 devices upwards you’d need overbridge. Unless you drum stuff live, this shouldn’t be an issue. The latency is workable and OB on windows 10 is stable (for me, and seems to be for most users).

In Mac OSX you can do it by creating an aggregated device. By which you create a single audio interface by combining several.

2 Likes