Where can I find a Monomachine? (Tips?)

I’ve been looking for a Monomachine for a while and the only ones I’ve been able to come across are in the $2500-$3000 range, which is and has been over my budget.

I’m curious if anyone has any tips on where and how I could get my hands on one; used gear marketplaces, forums, lesser known websites, etc., just in case I’ve missed something.

I assume you’re in the US, judging by the $ and the time of posting. Here’s one in good condition:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/fs-us-monomachine-decksaver-dual-stand-mint-price-drop/136917

You need to be on the forum and contributing more to be able to see Marketplace topics if you can’t view the link yet BTW.

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: I joined a couple weeks ago so can’t see it yet unfortunately. Is there a way I would be able to get in contact with them that is in accordance to the rules? I suppose I could try to contribute more in a very timely fashion :man_shrugging:

No worries. I wouldn’t know the rules on that, sorry. So let’s see what the mods have to say about what you can and can’t do (@AdamJay?) :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have gone up heaps just in the last 2 months. Could get them for 1500 not so long ago.

Makes me wish I’d snagged the one at Guitar Center a few towns away for $900 last winter. :cry:

Or better yet, not sold mine for $650 when they were unloved and unwanted. :sob:

2 Likes

Oh dang that’s so affordable! I feel your pain. Kinda wish Elektron would rerelease with modern updates. Not kinda, but desperately!

i sold my mk1 for 600 euros 2y ago
and find a new one last month (mk2+ drive) for 950 euros in perfect state :heart_eyes:

Thats just silly prices. If youre patient you should be able to pick one up for around $1000-1400 from Europe.

I suspect it will be a buyers market soon anyway as people raise cash due to the dire state of the economy as a whole.

Bon chance…

SOPHIE bought them all.

3 Likes

3500$ around here (Canada).

how did i miss this? ;-; what a steal

1 Like

I’ve been keeping an eye on Reverb, eBay, and the /r/Synths4Sale/ subreddit.

The last one I saw pop up for sale in the US was posted on both eBay and Synths4Sale (1700 USD asking, included a hardcase)

EDIT: one thing to watch out for: not every seller consistently lists the names of the Monomachine variants. For example, they might list it as a “Monomachine SFX-60+” and omit the “mkII” part of the name or they might list it under the "mkII’ moniker but leave the “+” out of the model name.

Good hunting.

This one just popped up today:

Damn over 2 grand for these. Crazy.

Just found this (this is a from a very well known 2nd hand marketplace here in the Netherlands)
MKI for 650 Euros!

1 Like