When you didn't know you really wanted something 'till you couldn't have it

I’ve been delving hardcore back into my DT lately, creating many patterns and beats in just a few short months after repurchasing. Tonight I decided to rename and spruce up some patterns so I could load them into a fresh project for a live set, but nope; I didn’t realize this isn’t possible from the DT itself.

As well as I thought I knew this thing, I always find a way to learn something new (good or bad.)
tenor

1 Like

Can’t you, really ?

Here are two suggestions, if I may.

1. Try this : copy a pattern, load your new project, paste. Warning : I guess you should ensure the samples are loaded in the same order, in the sample list…

2. Contact Elektron support and politely formulate your feature request; it would be pretty cool to be able to backup such thing as a pattern. To load a previously exported pattern into a new project, I would suggest that the OS check if the sample is already loaded, and load it in an empty slot if not, while updating the pattern info accordingly. Beware with sound locks, these should be checked and loaded the same IMO.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s possible, but the workarounds suck. I had to merge two projects for a show and the amount of notes I had to make to get it right were ridiculous.

ELEKTRON! PLEASE! :sob:

3 Likes