When muscle memory leads to erased songs

Just a friendly note to self and to others to be careful about getting too fast on the DN. I had recently built up a muscle memory of hitting [Gear > Yes > Yes > Yes] to reload the project as a fast way to reset all patterns to their original state after a live jam. This has worked beautifully until yesterday, when I had previously saved the project.

For some interesting reason, DN remembers the previous positions in some sub menus, so when I now hit Gear > Yes, it took me into Save Project rather than Load Project, and hitting those same Yes made me overwrite the project with the mangled up patterns from the jam. :sob:

Hitting Func+No on the patterns didn’t help either because apparently those states are then reset to the newly saved state too.

So, be careful out there! :pray:

1 Like

And perhaps a little feature request to add the ability to undo a save of a project, or to introduce some rudimentary version control to temporarily hold the last project in a buffer for quick restoration, or something similar. Not that I’ll make this mistake again though, of course. :roll_eyes:

…ooops…always good to have the common ground original state saved project…
AND that same project thing saved with an additional version number for further fooling around…

no big deal to be happy with a final project version…saving that…and save a 0.1 next version of that exact same thing right away…

i got at least three different project versions of every project on all elektron devices…
one original…one for fooling around and performing live…and one with the further adjustments and variations i came up with, once i fooled around or performed live…

2 Likes