What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Empress echosystem (trying it out last few days on vocals, guitars, and the sub Phatty)

Moog expression pedal (my first and I love it!)

Meris ottobit jr (in the mail to me)

Red panda tensor (in the mail to me)

Empress midibox2 (in the mail to me)

The real intention is to make relatively traditional vocal melodies etc into something way more weird! The echosystem only got me about a quarter of the way to this conceptual destination! So onto stutter and full reverse modes we shall go!

2 Likes

Novation Bass Station II.

I intend to use it for bass and lead duties but also take advantage of the mod and pitch bend wheels for my Digitone. Running the BS II through the Digitone at the moment and it sounds great with the DN reverb on it!

2 Likes

My DFAM is arriving tomorrow and I intend to make some noisy techno mayhem with it!

8 Likes

push 2 for 140 is a steal…a steal of the year.

you robbed the person

you should turn yourself to the GAS authority .

3 Likes

DoOd! My Samson mic stands have outlasted every brand my band mates have paid top dollar for. Good call

1 Like

I use Furman power conditioners all over the place. Live and at home. They are great and Ive had excellent customer service

2 Likes

I just bought a $20 Midisport 2x2 interface off Reverb.com. I recently bought an old Ensoniq EPS like the one I had in 1989. I intend to use the Midisport to connect the 30-year-old EPS to a 20-year-old G3 iMac I had lying around in order to have some fun with some of my favourite OS 9 sample-editing/synthesis programs like Alchemy, Turbosynth, and Infinity looper. Gonna re-live the frustrations of old! I’ve just tested the connection between G3 and EPS using one of my main studio interfaces (eMagic AMT-8) and it all seems to be working:

16 Likes

I got a Bastl Dude (portable, battery powered, 5 channel, mono mixer smaller than your hand), arrived yesterday. Sounds better than I thought it would! I’m pumped about it :heart_eyes:

I bought it to use with a portable set up (Volcas, Op-1, P.O.'s, ect)… I want to start making little jam videos with portable gear.

6 Likes

Yes that would be the steal of the year, but missed communication…
Launchpad Pro not Push 2 :smile:

1 Like

Digitone here, just for test the FM, but i fell in love of this little machine, and a good partner of my other gear.

2 Likes

Most recent purchase was izotope music production suite 2.

Used the RX7 to finish digitizing these records from 1947-1954 for an old lady. They were family recordings from their home. That must have been quite the tech to have back in the day.

Used ozone 8 advanced to finish up a few recordings.

Last synth purchase was Op-Z, and I plan to use it (and already have) live but now with a projector. (Still need a decent projector… piqo piqued my curiosity but was pretty spendy)

Next purchase is my pre-ordered Pulsar-23.

3 Likes

I need to pay attention…:blush:

1 Like

I sold mine when I needed some cash, and elektron sells quick. Miss the little bugger. Want to get a replacement.

1 Like

I used the infallible method of buying the mic stand closest in price to the minimum for free delivery from Bax to decide which one to get in the pre-Xmas sales. Seems solid and does the job.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Ensoniq EPS reminiscences

It’s great right ? :slight_smile:
I’ve had it for some days now and i’ve been falling from one amazement into another .
Apart from it being super versatile… the bass in that thing , my god ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Digitone. To do lots of super crazy awesome beautiful lush mesmerising harsh heavy sounds.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ensoniq EPS reminiscences

Sounds like primo sample material. :wink:

1 Like

a lot of it is stuff from an anniversary party where various people are congratulating the couple, and the rest is the old lady herself as a 2, 3, and 4 year old. …definitely saved lots of snippets as sample fodder. and some of the records themselves were cardboard, one was metal, and the rest were styrene. all 78rpms. the damaged bits are what I imagine using the most of. a few times the records got stuck and literally created their own little techno beats. i plan to turn those into full tracks

5 Likes