What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Sorry you feel the way you do really

Latest thing I bought is one of those mini booming speakers, a JBL charge 2+ so I can jam in the kitchen with my DN, and sometimes a TB3 or Op1 going true the inputs, this speaker is so small I can take it everywhere and it keeps on going for hours and hours!

1 Like

I bought a Digitakt about a month ago (my first piece of self-contained music hardware) and Iā€™m just trying to learn how to get the best from it. Iā€™ve realised through trial and error that there are many different ways to use this thing and I need to take my time to figure out the different workflows with it. Iā€™ve tried making techno/electronic music with one-shot drums and one-shot bass, stab, pluck noises etc and I want to see what more I can do in that direction - @DaveMech videos have inspired me a lot.

I havenā€™t tried much in the way of cut+paste with loops and dusty old breakbeats yet but I feel that this may play to the strengths of the Elektron sequencer with p-locking sample start/end/length/loop parameters etc as well as pitch and filtering to take a static sample and make it something new.

I also may try (again) with eurorack in 2019. I know itā€™ll cost a lot of money but I think it may be a good companion to the DT in terms of using the MIDI tracks for sequencing eurorack but also sampling modular sounds to the DT. I think the two together might make for a lot of fun.

8 Likes

I advise digitakt + Analog heat to generate quality sentences:
beatdrum static sample (one shot works very good!) /
synthloop with essental idea research/
background vocals To catapult light in dark areas> workgood !

Dt is my suprem leader

2 Likes

Bought an OP-Z with the intention to have something highly portable that doesnā€™t need a whole lot of setup before I can get started.

Keep making vids I hope.

2 Likes

:scorpion::shallow_pan_of_food::radio: Same as me !

1 Like

Radio mix https://youtu.be/PAYqMsBtq6M

2 Likes

bought mine second-hand on Reverb. a good deal.

DFAM is my latest purchase. iĀ“ll sample the hell out of it.
iĀ“m very happy with it so far. excellent sounds !
itĀ“s great for making sample chains for OT (i guess)

itĀ“s also a very nice synth. I tried different setups with quantized cv
but one of the best experiences i made with tuning the 8 steps with
a chromatic tuner. wanna try to experiment more with that and create layered sequences.

the DFAM can really sound very ā€œnaturalā€ !!! love that.

industrial techno reznor style was not my goal with it, but to be honest
sometimes itĀ“s hard to resist :slight_smile:

i also got an arturia keystep which i didnĀ“t want to buy, because everyone buys it.
but now, when everybody has it anyway, i decided that i donĀ“t care about
what other people buy. so i bought it too.

i use it for programming chord progressions (8 presets up to 16 bars - big smile)
it forces me to use my brain quite a bit, which is a good thing.
(by the way - is there a trick to copy a seq without computer ? no?)

3 Likes

Bogner Harlow Transformer overdrive/compressor pedal.

The tone control is great for bending analog snare drums into submission, so that is where it gets used most.
Otherwise, it is a ā€œmake something sound betterā€ box, so I think Monologue will get the treatment a lot.

4 Likes

Novation sl mkiii. Used for playing scales and chords.

Also used for the circuit step sequencer.

Lastly with auto slice in live if there is a mixture of drums and melodic stuff I like to play melodic slices on keys instead of the push.

Iā€™ve received the Digitone 48 hours ago .

• Adding extra percussive sounds / blips /blops / zaps / swooshesā€¦ to my analogue drumcomputers (tanzbar/drumatix)
  • Adding some sinewave subbass underneath DFAM patterns
  • Use Midi CC , Trig Conditions , ā€¦and all other Elektron goodness on the Volca Sample , which will run through the Digitone audio inputs .
  • Chords / Pads / Synth Stabs
4 Likes

Focal Elegia headphone. Woa these things sound incredible and very neutral. Iā€™m using them for detailed listening sessions for sound design inspiration and for producing music when Iā€™m not in the studio.

11 Likes

Octa mk 2 ā€¦ I needed to sample my new way of playing drums : banging my two silver spoons on the back of your ferrari

8 Likes

damn it better sounds incredible at that price, 899dollars! crazy, would buy a synth instead

3 Likes

They look sooo beautiful

1 Like

Haha yeah, pretty expensive. got all the synths I want at the moment. It is essential for me to be able to produce music in a detailed way on different locations than my studio. Worth the investment. Got them at a bit of a discount though :wink:

2 Likes

Good luck finding my Ferrari!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a keys player, know nothing about music theory and I was thinking that a keyboard like this would help me a lot.

Do you think that these scales and chord functions would suit me? How do you like it overall?