What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Korg Volca Drum to sample into Koala and Nanoloop iOS

Yes. Indeed it will be. In fact, this afternoon may take a few months. :+1:t3:

1 Like

I just couldn’t take it anymore. I have several 8580s and a few 6581R4s laying around. So…

I ordered a TherapSID MkII.

I intend to SID. A coupled of the 8580s are going into it. I’ve always preferred the sound of them to the 6581s.

While I was there, I noticed that they have a “proper” (as in non-micro version) of the HapiNES too! (not to mention the Deton8 that’s been discussed lately) I REALLY want that HapiNES… Must… Behave…

4 Likes

I ordered a little bag of Fairchild glob-top 2N5163 N-FET transistors. I intend to select the best one to replace the one that’s aging out in my VCS3’s reverb circuit. I still have reverb, but the mix knob is weird, and it depends on this one transistor. Gotta have my reverb for those interstellar voyages!

1 Like

Yeah, the reverb on those is quite nice, especially for the sounds they’re suited to. Good luck on the selection. It’s been a while since I’ve needed to do that. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m not too worried. As I said, it works now, with only a minor issue (when the Mix knob is at the 10 O’clock position). I am going to be doing a full restoration very soon, replacing all of the trim pots, power supply caps, etc. This is on “the list” of things to fix/upgrade.

Been waiting so long for this to come out. Stereo mangling, super cool echoes, fun, fun, fun :slight_smile:

Also bought an iConnectivity mio10 to sort out my complex midi routing, it is fantastic!

7 Likes

Polyend Seq and Polyend Poly.
My intentions with it is to sequence my stuff with it.
Best of all is that i traded my eurorack sequencer skiff for the Polyend stuff so it was really cheap.

3 Likes

They’re lovely. I had one and thought it was great, but then I bought an Octatrack so it was redundant. Very very fast to write on them though.

1 Like

Well have an octatrack too but was thinking on using it for sequencing my Tempest and the Polyend Seq for my eurorack.

Make sure you stay up to date with the firmware. Despite what you might read online, I’ve found the guys at Polyend to be really helpful and personable, so if you have any issues or even feature suggestions, drop them a line.

2 Likes

Yeah will stay up to date and keep in touch with them. They seem to be a very good company with good support

1 Like

In the short time I had my Medusa, there were two software updates that fixed a lot, and added handy new features. They definitely seem to be on top of things. In fact, the Polyend side was the best part about it for me. (not that the Dreadbox part was any slouch mind you)

Perfect Circuit had a St Pattys day sale, so I ordered a Walrus Audio Deep Six compressor. What sold me was the clean rhythm guitar demo vid that I found.

I just wanted to follow up on the CalDigit TS3 Thunderbolt dock I bought for my new Macbook, because I love it, which sounds like a weird thing to say about a dock!

I’ve had no audio issues whatsoever using my Focusrite 18i8 USB interface, which is great and kinda why I bought it. But t looks like Apple are about to drop a new version of OS X that will probably fix those USB audio glitches on new Macs anyway… I still don’t have any regrets about buying it though. OK, it’s certainly not cheap, but it’s built like a tank, means that I can just connect just one cable to my Macbook and have it handle charging of of my MBP, connections to my monitor, synths, printer, external drives, and charging my phone and ipad etc, and I don’t need dongles for anything. Very neat.

1 Like

Finally got a Lake People G109-P headphone amp that I’ve been saving for a while now. I intend to blow any vocalists head off with it who used to complain that headphone levels were previously too low for recording :blush:

Ok, going to use it for mixing as well I guess… Looking forward to it! Lake People are no joke, all their gear is top notch “tools, not toys” being their motto :diddly:

My intention is to enjoy the sound of this filmscore live!
One of my favourite films, and my girlfriend’s too. Sales started this morning and were going quick but got 2 tickets! It should be remarkable.

9 Likes

Did the same for Back to the Future. Was awesome.

1 Like

Nice! I saw 2001 with the Seattle Symphony doing the music not too long ago. That was pretty amazing.

1 Like

Preparing to move into a new studio space in a few weeks so got me:

A) Yamaha QY700, to be used for it’s immense sequencing muscle.

B) DSI Prophet 08. From the chap who played piano on Adele’s Rolling in the Deep (Neil Cowley).

C) 96 point Mosses & Mitchell b-gauge patchbay. ‘Cos you gotta connect all this stuff up somehow.

D) 2 x Neve 1073 clones and 2 x API clones courtesy of Sound Skulptor. For drums, guitar, bass, vocals, and 2 x DI inputs for keys / bass / guitar.

E) The JV2080 will be for miscellaneous polyphonic duties, layering with other synths, and triggering from an SQ-1 (or 2) for experimentation. 5 cards in there too.

Should keep me out of trouble for a while…

6 Likes