What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Cheers. Downloaded the Manuel nowšŸ‘

Itā€™s take ages to edit audio on it compared to the 2500. Couldnā€™t stand it when I owned it a couple years back when it came out.

1 Like

Cool edit pro was wave splicer back then. I had that do the slicing and bounce back to disk. Play on the 2000xl and get it done. Good times.

1 Like

My suite of software back then was Cool Edit Pro for slicing, Soundforge for stereo editing/polishing, and Opcode Vision for MIDI.
Good times!

4 Likes

Novation SL61 MKIII

I want to try integrating it with Octatrack and Rytm MK2
I also love how the 16 sequencer buttons can be used as quick ā€œchord memoryā€ locations

2 Likes

Yes, but then, whatā€™s the point of a stand alone machine if you need the computer? :wink:

The 2500 with a OTO BOUM will give you speed and more punch than the 2000XL could ever deliver. :grin:

1 Like

I did so much work with Vision on my squat little Mac Plus (before the audio days, when it was strictly for MIDI sequencing). I loved that program.

2 Likes

Great demo, definitely a hidden gem for sure. I know Autechre used modded versions of this series in their early daysā€¦ Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll pick up a few at some point.

1 Like

I havenā€™t actually purchased it yet, but Iā€™m teetering toward grabbing a Skulpt. I really like my semi-compact desktop setup right now, and this would fit right in for a touch of subtractive poly-synthery. Iā€™d probably control it with one of the Digis or maybe the M:S rather than its own sequencer. (nicer flow I think that way)

Any thoughts on these little guys? Iā€™m ā€œthisā€ close to clicking the buy button. I really like what Iā€™ve seen/heard so far.

Interesting!

I really like the mk2 better !
Like, reallyā€¦ I know for some people itā€™s the footprint, for other the priceā€¦
Of course.
But A4 mk2 is not THAT much larger.

The sound is better IMO. More ā€œrawā€, if you need it to be that way. And having access to a performance knob while tweaking is awesome.
And, well, separate outs :wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™m a bit of a cheerleader for it. With the continuously variable osc shapes and filter modes itā€™s got a surprising range of timbres and it does sound really nice - there are plenty of demos to give you a feel for itā€™s sound which Iā€™m sure youā€™ve done to death but I was taken by surprise by how nice it sounds when tweaking it in person. Mineā€™s is connected to my DT/DN and itā€™s my plan to use it as part of a wee live rig.

I also backed their forthcoming Craftsynth2 on Kickstarter too as it offers a nice companion monosynth with a whole bunch of interesting features for waveshaping.

1 Like

Nice! Yeah, Iā€™ve checked out quite a few demos, and like the sound of it. The interface seems usable, and the features are good. Iā€™m a big variable waveform and wave shaper guy, so this seems like it would be fun. The size fits into my desktop environment too.

1 Like

Guy wrote me back alreadyā€¦he has no experience with the RSD-10. Soā€¦unsure if its laid out the same way.

Iā€™m familiar with the MK2 attributes from my Rytm MK2.

I just prefer the A4 MK1. (and its lower used price point) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m liking this tip. :thup:

1 Like

I was originally using the Lego Tyres over the encoders on my Op-1. They made for a better grip/control. I bought a ton of them and now have 4 rack effects units separated by them.

@finalform I have a spare set of 4, if youā€™d like some. I can drop/post them to your E20 abode.

https://www.brickowl.com/search/catalog?query=28290

3 Likes

Thatā€™s very kind but no need, Iā€™ll try some spares from my sonā€™s collection. Cheers!

1 Like

the wife has just text me to say that I have a Digitone-shaped parcel awaiting me at home. This is going to be a long afternoon.

7 Likes

It was a Zelda Hori Battle Pad, a usb gamecube controller for the Switch.
I intend to massacre my friends faces on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with it.
:joy:

2 Likes