What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

One effects unit I will never sell.there great as long as the psu gets replaced

1 Like

Ā£50 bargain off eBay.only used it for 10mins and love it

7 Likes

I havenā€™t tried that yet.
The Twister was obtained in order to control levels, eq, filters, fx sends.
This way I wouldnā€™t have to page around the OT to change them there.
The more Iā€™ve used it, I am only using the Twister to change those values, and not using the OTā€™s encoders for those values, so I havenā€™t needed to spit out the #61 values ā€œupdateā€.

2 Likes

Do you know if units beyond a certain serial number are safe?

Okay, thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure tbh.i think what used to happen was the psu used to overheat.i had mine replaced when I brought it. I still leave a gap in my rack just in case.but I have never had problems myself

1 Like

Have you ever had any problems with yours

I owned 2 when they were 1st released (owned 5 in total) I had them for years & never had issues with those. I suppose over time things go wrong.

Currently, the oldest one i have had some issues last year. It was to do with user presets that iā€™d saved. At the time of editing/saving they were fine, but one day the unit started muting certain user presets with the DSP Overload message. I basically reset the whole thing & all seems fine.

I donā€™t have mine in a rack, but theyā€™re all stacked & spaced apart with Lego tyres.

1 Like

Iā€™ve bought a Digitone, only itā€™s taking a million years to arrive. OH FOR THE LOVE OF UK STOCK PLEASE!

My intention is to finally have it, one day. Iā€™ve had to adjust my aspirations for it accordingly.

2 Likes

I have the delay/pitch shifter and it is total lo-fi joy.

7 Likes

Sounds good.next one to track downšŸ˜

1 Like

I got the RSD-10, would like and RPS-10 as well. Super fun box. Theres a mod for the RPS-10 that makes for longer delay times if you have the stones/skills to open it up and do a little soldering.

https://colinraffel.com/eaced/?id=rps10

3 Likes

I think it can be done for the rsd 10 as well.might mod mine.only just got it.how have you set yours up.do you use a y cable for pitch and audio in

Iā€™m about to have an A4 MK1 again, maybe some time next week.

On no other synth was I ever as productive, so my main intention is getting back to that level of productivity.

8 Likes

I have hooked up to three of the outs of my MOTU. One for audio in, one for pitch and one for trigger.
Then the out goes back to my soundcard.

That way i can route anything to either port.

I was wondering if that mod would werk for the RSD as well. Been looking at that post about the mod for YEARS. Wrote the guy today to see if he thinks that mod would werk on the RSD. I dont know enough about that kind of thing. If he gets back to me, ill forward what he says. It was so long ago that that was initially posted.

1 Like

I cannot express how important the A4 (well, Analog Keys) has become to my studio. I have more than thirty synths and samplers - some legends among them - and yet the AK is one I turn to more often than any other and, in fact, because of its CV flexibility, I depend on it to get the most of some of the others. Oddly enough, when discussing outboard effects processors with a friend yesterday, I realized that I probably use the AKā€™s delay more than any other effects processor in my studio.

7 Likes

I believe it.

Coincidentally it was my desire for the Keys that sent my first A4 out the door.
I was able to sell and buy up for about $100 difference which was a good deal at the time.
I was less productive with the Keys since I am not much of a keyboard player, and more of a programmer. So ultimately the Keys left and other things filled the gap.
It will be good to have an A4 again.

3 Likes

I have read on some forums ages ago that it would work.i think there is a few mods that can be done on it. Only got mine today.aint got a clue how the sampler works yet.is the trigger input for the sampler. I want to try and mod it to get a full wet output of the delays

1 Like

I love the Keys - it is the perfect size for where I need a controller and offers so much in that regard. However, I do miss the A4, too (which I, too, sold to buy the AK). I actually prefer the ā€˜tamerā€™ sound of the A4 to that of the AK, but the differences are subtle enough that I can still get what I want out of the latter. Still, if I had the space, Iā€™d have both.

2 Likes

The trigger input fires off the sampler. MODE C

1 Like