What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Digitone here, just for test the FM, but i fell in love of this little machine, and a good partner of my other gear.

2 Likes

Most recent purchase was izotope music production suite 2.

Used the RX7 to finish digitizing these records from 1947-1954 for an old lady. They were family recordings from their home. That must have been quite the tech to have back in the day.

Used ozone 8 advanced to finish up a few recordings.

Last synth purchase was Op-Z, and I plan to use it (and already have) live but now with a projector. (Still need a decent projector… piqo piqued my curiosity but was pretty spendy)

Next purchase is my pre-ordered Pulsar-23.

3 Likes

I need to pay attention…:blush:

1 Like

I sold mine when I needed some cash, and elektron sells quick. Miss the little bugger. Want to get a replacement.

1 Like

I used the infallible method of buying the mic stand closest in price to the minimum for free delivery from Bax to decide which one to get in the pre-Xmas sales. Seems solid and does the job.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Ensoniq EPS reminiscences

It’s great right ? :slight_smile:
I’ve had it for some days now and i’ve been falling from one amazement into another .
Apart from it being super versatile… the bass in that thing , my god ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Digitone. To do lots of super crazy awesome beautiful lush mesmerising harsh heavy sounds.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ensoniq EPS reminiscences

Sounds like primo sample material. :wink:

1 Like

a lot of it is stuff from an anniversary party where various people are congratulating the couple, and the rest is the old lady herself as a 2, 3, and 4 year old. …definitely saved lots of snippets as sample fodder. and some of the records themselves were cardboard, one was metal, and the rest were styrene. all 78rpms. the damaged bits are what I imagine using the most of. a few times the records got stuck and literally created their own little techno beats. i plan to turn those into full tracks

5 Likes

Just got a second hand Blofeld Shadow Desktop at a fairly good price on eBay. Bought one a few years ago but it had dodgy encoders so I sent it back without really using it.

Really love those wavetable pads, especially in dub techno, and love the sound of Nave so hoping I’ll get on well with it. Not too worried about the interface as most of the rest of my kit is Elektron so I’m quite happy with UIs without too many knobs (though maybe I do need something knobby… :thinking:). Fingers crossed this one works okay!

Warm audio 73 eq. I’ll pair it with 1176 for mixing/tracking of DT and Ableton channels.

I recently got an OP-Z, I intend to use it for ironing my shirts, but I don’t think it gets hot enough… so I might need to wait for one of those expansion modules Teenage Engineering have planned for it.

2 Likes

A steam cleaner for the carpet. My six month old puppy peed in my studio and it stinks. My intentions are to get the smell out of my studio. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Doepfer Dark Energy II as kind of an entry point into modular synth (I know it’s not a modular per se, but it does have a MIDI->CV Converter so I think it might be a good starting point). Also as a synth companion to my digitakt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Latest…
Intension: cleaning up messy space.
[remaining gear gets to in here. Paid for with some of the money i got from selling most of my gear. I figure it doesnt ALL have to go to rent]

Example setup. Not mine, its being built.

14 Likes

Nice… I just picked up a DE MkI. I’ll probably be getting a MkII or III as a companion for it soon.

SP404A, arriving tomorrow! to pair with Digitakt, planning on the two of them being working together as a sampling/sequencing/jamming/trackbuilding workstation. Other gear that I’ll be incorporating in this will be a Volca FM, Audiothingies Micromonsta, probably some random iPad stuff, and possibly some guitar stuff.

I’m pretty hyped, it’s going to be the best setup I’ve ever had. I have a cheapo Yamaha analog mixer but will likely look to bump up to something more capable down the road (that Roland MX1 looks pretty sweet… or an Octatrack…)

2 Likes

For my birthday I got myself an OB-6 desktop.
At first I intend to fill a good part of the patch memory.
Or just have fun with a loop and keep tweaking :smile:

12 Likes