What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

octatrack - what else? :smiley:
If I would have known that it is so much fun using OT I would have bought instead of AR

grafik

8 Likes

Dreadbox Nyx V1. Was holding out for the XD module but keep coming back to this demo and couldn’t help myself.

Also picked up a Radial Key Largo, Boss RV-5 (for “modulate”) and the Fraction double-Digi stand. My portable rig is finally coming together.

6 Likes

For some reason I’ve always clicked best with Yamaha gear. My first synth was a DX-100 in 1986 and I used to love my AN-200, DX-200, RM1X -combo. Maybe I’ll need to join the Yamahanauts forum and leave you guys in peace.

Today I got a Yamaha SU-700 in the mail. It’s my third time with an SU-700. Maybe this time I’ll learn to love (and use) it. It was cheap at 150€ so I thought that at least I can use it as a multi-effect. I know there are people who hold the SU-700 very dear and compare it to Octatrack, Ableton Live and Sony Acid, but the floppy disk has always been the bottleneck. I’ll try to find my way around it somehow. Everything, including the infamous encoders, seems to work perfectly.

At least she’s a beauty next to her sister, the QY-700.

13 Likes

Both of them are lovely.

1 Like

I really am trying to slow down the spending, but when I stepped on my VFE Klein Bottle stompswitch for Channel 1 (Zoia), I accidentally moved it on the floor - just a couple of mm, but enough to bump the One Spot, which abruptly cut off power to both the Klein Bottle and Zoia. Got band rehearsal coming up soon - last thing I need is accidental power loss in the middle of trying to show off my new toys to the band.

So now I’ve got an Eventide Powermax power supply on order. One of the selling points is each power output has a 9V/12V/18V switch so I can power the VFE with 18V if desired. And of course it can power the H9.

I bought the SOMA ETHER,. It arrived today … listening to my environment with this kit and making noise with it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I saw Speedy J perform live once with 2x SU700 many years ago, cool stuff!

2 Likes

These two arrived today.

Intentions are to map the faderfox to the octatrack, and to use in ableton. The sp404A is for fx, sequencing and for transitions when playing live.

12 Likes

Great looking devices, such a functional vibe.

1 Like

i had a Kala Ubass but I sold it after a few months… i couldn’t get those strings to stay in tune for very long.

i was told they would eventually stretch out and remain stable, but that was not my experience.

…super cool and cute, though. …and they sound awesome and warm.

1 Like

The trick with the strings, just like a uke, is to pull up on them a bit and give them a good stretch for the first few times tuning. with in a week they should be good.

1 Like

Pulled the trigger on the almighty ZOIA. Let’s dive in.

6 Likes

An Origin Effects Cali76 Stacked Edition Compressor, and a blue Spaceman Gemini IV (I bought a black one last week and loved it so much I wanted to buy a 2nd unit since these are very limited). Both for guitar.

8 Likes

On the road :slight_smile:

This will upgrade my DT

13 Likes

suddenly bought my 1st analog synth.
this is also the 1st time i bought gear without preliminary reading the manual.

intentions? they are obvious — 4x analog monophonics paired with Blofeld and Electribe 2 = recipe of a perfect goa trance rig.

6 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve gotten an Endorphin.es Shuttle System in exchange for my Digitakt (sorry!) + money. My original intention was to add in to my tip-top case but now I’m thinking about keeping it in it’s own case and use it more as a standalone instrument with my Sensel Morph. Now I finally have my own “Buchla” :wink:

16 Likes

I recently bought the Keystep midi keyboard to use with the Digitakt specially when not on my laptop. I was surprised how playable it made the Digitakt be. Having more than one octave in front of you is really helpful. I’m interested to see what I can come up in terms of using it as a sequencer with its own clock while the Takt is running at a different tempo. Should be fun.

This Yamaha! Do you have floppies? :smiley:
I’ve seen some of them lately in an electro store, remember, remember!

1 Like

Just traded an old Wacom table for a huge bunch of (unopened boxes) diskettes. I guess they’ll last me for a lifetime.

My dream would be to get an internal zip-drive there and find some zip-disks. That’s what I had in my MPC2000 XL. Worked like a charm.

1 Like