What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I’ve done a bit of binging on magnetic media lately. My intentions? Old-timey sampling (EPS, EPS-16+, Mirage!) and multitracking (4 and 8 track). These tapes represent around 2 hours of tape time at the various machine’s highest speed settings. That’s three full albums.

11 Likes

Just bought an OP-Z and I absolutely love this thing. I wasn’t sure about it at first but it’s just pure complex fun. It’s a keeper… like my beloved OP-1.

More guitar gear. Spaceman Gemini IV, and a Caroline Somersault.

3 Likes

Finally invested in a high quality amp rather than buying and selling guitars and wondering why they always sounded better in the shop. This amp is on a different level and I’m rejigging my studio around it. As such I have some nice things up for sale now.

8 Likes

Surprisingly hitch free, running a wine based program in ios 10.11 with an old m audio 2x2 usb - midi. Funny thing though I haven’t used midi for about 12 yrs, had to hunt for my bag of cables, tried to program some cc into the faderfox & thought this is not working, turns out the nord was set to channel 8 & the faderfox channel 1.
I’ve been using Ciat Lonbarde instruments the past 12 yrs, although they’re 100% modular the descriptions of functions is obscure so I’m looking forward to some interesting sounds & learning the internationally recognised language of synth.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to get into Nord modular for ages & after a chat over coffee with Rob Hordijk ten years ago & he told me he was heavily involved in the programming, I figured I should investigate cos everything Rob does is genius.

1 Like

Nice! Aside from being stellar amps, they also have top notch aesthetic design.

1 Like

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

It’s changed my life. Seriously. Now I need all the Chase Bliss pedals…

2 Likes

Finally joined the Zoia club.

Intentions: Expand the palette of weird sounds I can make with the band. Discover happy accidents.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m still getting used to it but my single coil guitars sound exceptional but taking a bit longer to get les paul happy.

nice! What brand and formulation is that 1/4" reel? What tapedeck are feeding with that?

I’m selling my wombtone…

Iiiiiiiiiinteresting. Wanna DM me some details?

That’s RMG SM911. I’ll be using it in an old Fostex A8 machine.

1 Like

Got myself a PO-33 after having offered one to a friend of mine…
So fun to play with, can’t wait to fill it with my own samples :slight_smile:

I intend to bring it with me on holidays and play with it every time I can :smile:

5 Likes

knew I’d eventually get one; was just waiting for a deal. they don’t go for low prices used generally…

super impressed so far! always loved the Monomachine’s FM machines and this is even better. using the OP1’s keys to play it for now… works quite well! :+1:

7 Likes

A custom 208 hp 6u eurorack setup full of modules purchased 2 weeks ago. My intention is to now sell it off in parts because I quickly realized I dont have the time to sit there and make droned out noises when I have a business to run. :roll_eyes: and also VCV Rack gets me to the same spot way cheaper. Glad I get business write-offs!

2 Likes

Dude yesterday I sat down with an old Sony handheld radio and an aux cord and filled my PO-33 with all new samples pulled from a bunch of stations. Hooked it into a Yamaha R100 at my desk, jammed for two hours, and actually tired myself out from headbanging so hard. Had to sit down on the couch and take a little nap. Got up and did it again when I woke up! I would really strongly advise that you buy something like the Sony SRF-M35 and just keep it and a small aux cord with your PO-33 pretty much at all times.

8 Likes

I already have more than I need :smiley:
But yes, thanks for the idea :wink:

3 Likes

My VFE Klein Bottle arrived sooner than expected. The pics here are better than any I can take:

http://vfepedals.com/klein-bottle.html

Loved the teal kelp design but practicality won - went with the navy one so I can see what the heck each knob is used for.

Intentions: Put Zoia in Ch.1 , Cocolase in Ch. 2. Then I can set the Zoia stompswitches to “in patch” mode and use the Klein Bottle for bypass/engage instead, and also switch Cocolase in/out instead of twisting the knob on the ART SplitMix4. Also look forward to playing with the filter knobs and feedback loops

3 Likes