What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Curious. Are you in Seattle?

Like two weeks ago I showed a small eurorack skiff, but in typical eurorack fashion, my 3U 44HP skiff that turned into a 104HP skiff just days later has already turned into this

I intend to use this as part of a live, solo bass thing

8 Likes

HF with the tempus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like harsh :slight_smile: it seems that the stereo chorus mellows the sound a bit, and some 2 osc detuning. I dig the osc-modulating filter thing, used subtly it can make patches sound more alive.

2 Likes

And the fact that it looks so 80’s that you feel like you are playing Bobafet in keyboard form, haha i have had many hours of fun on mine. Enjoy…yeh the chorus in nice but gets noisy, it still has a place in my set up and i have never though to move it on.

Oh and take care, while mine was sitting in Far North Queensland Australia (tropical and hot) i used the empty space for a few synths and pedals, it got so hot one day mine still has 4 black marks where the rubber feet of a Green EH Russian Sovtec big Muff pi melted onto the grey panel. Not hot like in ARmkii hot but warm enough when in tropical far North OZ…

1 Like

Hahaha… classic.

1 Like

haha, oh geez… you’re screwed, my friend. into the euro rabbit hole you go!

5 Likes

Oh, hai. Drone game levelled up.

13 Likes

Oh also I am LOVING the sound of this thing. You can put so much movement in the VCOs and filter (even with just one LFO) that it sounds organic and ever-changing. Resonance is nothing like on a Moog or DSI and breaks up the signal in a brutal way. And that square wave in the higher octaves is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

19 Likes

Already a Classic!

1 Like

After first two hours: I love it!

3 Likes

Grandma’s home. Basic architecture but the sound and UI more than makes up for it. Time for some big bubbly basslines!

14 Likes

SE-1X

9 Likes

Hey you don’t loose time :slight_smile:
Hope you 'll enjoy it
Havfun

1 Like

Kenton midi-to-cv and cv-to-midi :joy:

intention: to get cv into and out of my SH-101. it now feeds the OT, to program sequences for fifteen or so other synths…

ridiculous, I know. but I accidentally got the cv to midi converter, and might as well use it, until I find a better use for it… anyway, it’s better than using my Microkorg for this purpose!

2 Likes

Oldie but goodie & some control

15 Likes

How does the software for the red box act in todays computing environments?
Do you need a vm to get it running?
I considering getting one of those, they seem to be a lot of fun to patch.

I don’t have a Nord Modular, but the editor software works (I’m on Windows 7).
I installed it like a year ago or so when I was thinking about getting one.

2 Likes

A cheap Donner Ubass for the bench. Took a few minutes to get used to the strings but sounds pretty pretty good.

10 Likes