What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

New headphone amp from Little Labs. The Monotor. So far just using it with maschine mk3 i will link it to my x desk and neve MBP later.

The biggest thing I noticed is I can hear my drums on maschine much better on this l. I’m hearing more detail. Currently using an MDR7510 with it.

Early review: wow the SP1200 emulation is more audible with this amp I can really hear it even if I tune down the sample by -1.10. So cool.

5 Likes

OK…got it as a gift…not a purchase…but…still sounds very good!

15 Likes

Oooooh microcassettes!! :smiley:

Or is that a boombox with a regular cassette in it? Looks can be deceiving…

Regular Cassette, but 30 years old. Much heavier than it looks.

1 Like

That gives me fond memories… started making tapes of our own musics with one of those back in the day! No line ins either, we just used the internal mic aimed at the speakers… good times

3 Likes

third time I’ve owned this beauty. wonder if it’ll stay this time…?

7 Likes

So dope… those Waveboy fx are crazy.

2 Likes

Local acquisition… pretty much dead mint from 1987. Going to see how it integrates into my setup. Interestingly, the expanse on the right fits the Digitwins perfectly (with a EQD pedal in between) and the left a Toraiz AS-1.

Also picked up a Strymon Dig, looks promising.

11 Likes

Zoia as send EFX via CUE on the OT.

Noob mistake not getting a power supply for it beforehand. Been sitting around for a week until this arrived. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K65TBTO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10 Likes

Having spare power supply is a lesson learnt ! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

OT + DN is the new super combo. Here’s the latest incarnation of my Temple Audio FX board. I think I’m done tinkering (hah). Also a shot of the IKEA desk set up for jamming.
Edit: duh - latest purchase is the Polymoon. I intend to focus on making music now, and stop tweaking the setup!

11 Likes

Kenton Thru-5
More parallel MIDI, so I don’t have to switch on all the devices. \o/

5 Likes

Iconnectivity Mio4 and Behringer patchbay. Mio4 solved my midi thru chain and the patchbay is there to encourage experimentation :slight_smile:

5 Likes

a mssiah cardridge for my old commodore that i bought in somewhere in the late 80’s… and it sounds great!

6 Likes

probably some knobs at the DIY modular shops that will work. a nord w/Davies on it would be interesting :slight_smile:

https://modularaddict.com/parts/knobs

https://synthcube.com/cart/synth-diy/parts/knobs

4 Likes

Just showed up today (been wanting one since they came out)- new playmate for my AH. After a couple of hours I’m quite pleased with Thyme’s chops!

15 Likes

Mio4 is a good choice :wink:

Great FX box ! So many possibilities !

1 Like

I was meant to stop about 5 synths ago and not only I haven’t, Iv just acquired my first pedal :man_facepalming:t2:

Today’s purchases

10 Likes

I have one of these, the top end is like drinking fiber glass with your ears🤣.No MID, No sysex, and just one slider to program, you have to assign the cuttof to the mod wheel on every patch as the only midi control you have is keys and the mod wheel…it has a few sweet spots but is generally quite harsh. I got mine with a TX81Z thrown in for $140.00aud they thought the TX was a radio.

1 Like