What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

If I’ve got one one or two unused LFOs I’ll send them to one of the FX parameters or FX mix, to make them sound more interesting. Then mod the LFOs with key velocity or one of the ENVs.
There’s always leftover mod sources available, so just point them at the FX for something random.

THIS

Going to show those amateurs at DSI-Sequential how it’s done :crazy_face:

14 Likes

oh well damn, that’s a good idea!

HAHAHAHAHAHA an actual desk LOL just happened

How’s this working out for you? Any tips?

Really good . Don’t think i have any special tips that haven’t been mentioned here on the forum already. It’s just a breeze to set up . Any device which accept Midi CC will come to live using the Elektron sequencer . LFO’s etc …It will make them do tricks they couldn’t do on their own . Concerning the Volca Sample , it served as a gateway drug sparking my interest in sampling and has recently been replaced by a Digitakt , giving me even more midi traks to control other gear :slight_smile:

1 Like

After getting the itch to buy an Oktatrack I put “sampler” into a local used shop and found a mint condition Yamaha SU700 loaded with 68MB memory, In/Out Board, SCSI board, USB FDD emulator, and recently replaced knobs.

Arrived yesterday and I spent most of the today with it. It is really fun, extremely immediate to sample on, and easy to use.

Plan to connect it with my other gear and either use the effects on it or use it to post some old-box workflow vids :slight_smile:

18 Likes

This brings back memories! My brother had one of these for awhile and I liked it a lot, fun to jam on, lots of knob twiddling, unfortunately a few of the encoders started to get glitchy and the workflow was a bit tough to get used to… a fun box if you’re willing to work with it on its own terms. Always thought it looked cool too :sunglasses:

edit: also I believe you could sample in at different rates for some nice lo fi reduction (?)

2 Likes

Just got one of these.
Going in an ambient direction.

10 Likes

Fender The Edge Deluxe. I had lined up a deal on one earlier this year, but it fell through. I finally bought one and received it a couple days ago. What a great amp. Comes stock with a Celestion Blue speaker.

8 Likes

@allandbyallo I got the same reaction from the sales guys when I asked who could show me the biggest one they had. :man_facepalming:

Octopus is here !
First impressions : feels a bit plastic for someone with elektron and nord gear but workflow is so fast and fun !
I only had to open the manual to be able to output date from midi 2…
The rest is so intuitive ! Instant jamming machine !

Intention : Controlled live impro ! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

my only intentions are to shred the gnar. =)

7 Likes

FINALLY!!!

11 Likes

Some lo-fi rock’n’effecting madness

2 Likes

Got the June-60 pedal from TC Electronic… hoping that maybe they did it right. I use TAL Chorus for Juno-style chorus, but I thought it would be cool to have an analog pedal that does it.

Not good, I’m afraid. Just a very poorly-realized product - it plays as 100% wet (not even the Juno’s own chorus was 100% wet signal), so you have to use it as an insert and adjust your send amount. Even after all that hullabaloo, it just doesn’t sound very good, and the modulation rates of the chorus modes are just outright wrong.

Oh well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not that it matters if you don’t like the sound but TC reverbs and delays often have an internal dipswitch to kill the dry.

but this is basically a Behringer/Music Group product, right? the company currently cloning every synth they can get their hands on… and somehow they messed up a basic chorus circuit…? :thinking:

2 Likes

Might be a purchase pretty soon with American 4th of July sales.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Primefit-Air-Accessory-Kit-with-25-ft-Recoil-Air-Hose-20-Piece-IK1016S-20/205149471

Of course I’ll need an air compressor to attach to it.

Intention is imitate instruments on guitar like this guy, then sample

4 Likes

It’s a disease :flushed:. Hope to do round things with these bad boys!

11 Likes