What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

hence the confusion! no worries :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am lucky that I have the old vintage model with the ā€œDave Smith Instrumentsā€ label. The filter is much more musical than in the new model.

2 Likes

This ones driven me crazy trying to source but finally pulled the trigger on it, will be arriving from state side here to the uk hopefully sooner rather then later

15 Likes

My recent mad dash through multiple wavetable instruments brought me inevitably back to the one that got away thirty years ago. Back then, I had the 13-bit EPS ā€˜classicā€™ and couldnā€™t afford to trade up to the ā€˜16+ā€™ version when it came out. If Iā€™d had known then that it facilitated user TransWaves, Iā€™d have moved heaven and earth to get one. One of my acquaintances had one, but he never mentioned the user TransWaves. And then there were those Waveboy effects! Well, at long last, the old thing fell onto my doorstep, with a complete collection of Waveboy FX and Transwave disks in tow. It will be going next to its older, crunchier brother and rest assured, I will be fully exploring those TransWaves and that Voder effect!

19 Likes

That is clean bro. Was it an eBay or reverb find?

Reverb. I also have an EPS ā€˜classicā€™ keyboard I got from a Reverb seller at the end of last year.

2 Likes

I had an eye on the Polymoon now for quite some timeā€¦lets See how it can hold Out in some crazy Ambient Jam Sessions. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

very cool. enjoy it!

Got a neo for iwata airbrushit kit

Intention is to finally start airbrushing! yeah! the album can wait :blush:

If anyone has tips for starting out with this stuff, PM pls! Its all a bit much to take inā€¦ I know the neo starter set comp is not ideal due to relatively low PSI output, but gotta start somewhereā€¦ the family cant cope with the noise of a bigger comp anyway soo

5 Likes

Been airbrushing since 1979. Iwata brushes are terrific brushes (they are my preferred brushes and I have a wide range of them), so youā€™re off to a great start.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just started toying with it on guitar. Itā€™s pretty deep. Iā€™m going to order a Disaster Area Micro DMC midi controller for storing/accessing presets. It sounds really good, but the notations on the front are near impossible to read in regular light, let alone on stage.

Now you show us why you wanted it so badly :wink:

Avalanche Run V2 / Using it with the Digitone to create some Ambient stuffā€¦ this thing is completely nuts. A lot of happy accidents are about to happen.

10 Likes

Picked up this Laney VC30 recently.
Sold my Vox AC30 last year due to some money problems, and this is a great replacement, very Vox like sound.
Going to use it to gig with my new band and to record solo tracks.
Have recently been booked to play a show where everyone playing has to reinterpret a section of Grease so its a perfect fit.

5 Likes

Thanks!

I found on second hand and could not resist! It did not arrive yet.

I hope that it sounds good on synth!
Actually thinking that Iā€™ll play guitar again maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very excited. Installed a new keybed and Velcroā€™d my DT to the wasteland.
Free synth new keybed a few screws and a little soldering. Now I just need to make some knobs.
The pots are 4mm d shaft which isnā€™t very common. Any suggestions?

5 Likes

If youā€™re in the US, get in touch with Nord support, aka Pablo Mastodon. Heā€™s awesome.

2 Likes

Ha thatā€™s where I got the keybed. The knobs are much too expensive though. 27 knobs x $7each = $189
would more than double my restoration cost. Iā€™d rather make some from wood or buy metal knobs. Hm or maybe I could buy one from Pablo and cast it somehow?

I think I even responded in that thread. :woman_facepalming: :laughing:

Maybe you could get one and 3D print the rest?

Iā€™d have to get a 3D printer