What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I got a hold of Pablo Mastodon, the US rep for Nord. I asked him if he had any refurbished Keybeds he could sell me. Got one for 108, it should be arriving any day now!

3 Likes

Pablo is the man. He helped me source some buttons and find a tech that could replace them for me. And he was also willing to chat a bit about Nords, etc. via email. Glad to know he’s still around speaking Nord-y joy! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

The analog four is my latest and last piece as I plan to downgrade. My intention is to show it’s used for so much more than just a drum machine.

:blush:

6 Likes

What’s the keyboard?

I need a tiny one for my pc (currently have a stock monstrosity (

Sure. Sure…

1 Like

Looks like a Roland System 1.

Haha no, the little computer keyboard

Why does it say “Sequential” on your Rev2 and “Dave Smith Instruments” on my Rev2?

1 Like

My bad… :rofl:

1 Like

The company officially changed its name recently.

1 Like

I sold my MD 3 or 4 years ago when I needed cash and have regretted it ever since. This is the first one I’d seen pop up for sale nearby in ages so I grabbed it without thinking… its still got the screen protector on :slight_smile:

Happy to have it back in the family next to my Monomachine, Digitakt and Digitone

28 Likes

first off: that is NOT a Roland System 1. know your synth heritage! it’s an SH-101. legendary synth.

keyboard is a Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard. love it. got one for my work machine too. it’s awesome. you can store bluetooth connections for up to three devices (toggled with the yellow keys on the upper left), so you can type super fast texts and then go back to your computer (or whatever). battery life is incredible. highly recommended :+1:

1 Like

Oh I’m just the chosen one. NBD. :joy: Na they are just doing that from here on out I think. Back to sequential branding on mnay products.

1 Like

First off… I know what an SH-101 looks like. I’m a very old man (unfortunately).
I ‘m not 100% sure about the Roland as erm, I’m an old man and not constantly looking for new gear anymore. So unless an SH-101 has a gazillion knobs and green lights we must look at different photos.
In my case I was looking at the photos above NuOldNu’s question.

Edit: this old man just discovered the right top corner where he can see to whom someone is responding…

Cheers. Is it BT via a dongle by chance? My pc doesn’t have it inbuilt so have to swing with the thing if I need BT.

BTW it wasn’t me getting confused about the synth… :wink:

I forgot this one :

Intention : Frighten (other’s) kids at school when it’s raining !..

15 Likes

baha :joy:

I got given one as these.
It"s come into it’s own over the last 10 days in the UK.
My wife absolutely hates it… My answer…
“Well you can always get wet my love”
:crazy_face:

And WHERE is mine?

Brilliant!