What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Bought a Tanzbär 2 as an early Father’s Day/bday gift to myself. Gonna do some German layering with tanz1 and dominion club.

1 Like

Bummer.

1 Like

Finally found one !!! First purpose will be process drums but I think I have a lot to test (synths, master) ! :yum:

17 Likes

Always wanted one off these .nice! Can I ask how much you had to pay?

Definately check out the DIY Norns as well!

2 Likes

4 channel cv sequencing is go

green with envy, trying to source one for an entire age already… liking it?

1 Like

Bought one of these bad boys (Korg SDD-3000 pedal) in the weekend cause I got it so cheap, but my intentions seem to be to stuff it in the drawer. It’s just way too big to fit on my organ or on my synth table. I’ll need to figure out a place for it somewhere in my setup.

But there’s never enough delays (yes there is). I now have three dedicated delay pedals and 11~12 different pieces of gear with built in delays. Guess I’ll buy a reverb pedal next.

4 Likes

OT 2 bought last night. Mainly as a brain for playing live to ditch the laptop and interface.

13 Likes

New little modular percussion station, because I haven’t driven my girlfriend crazy enough

9 Likes

I have the DT 990 Pros too and love them to death - in conjunction with the Beyerdynamic A20 headphones preamp that is. If you have the chance order one, and hear for yourself. It’s simply an unbelievable difference, especially regarding the low freqs.

6 Likes

Bought a Tascam Portastudio because of the Alessandro Cortini video on YT. I want to explore the world of tape recording and I have absolutely no clue how this works :smiley:

16 Likes

Gamechanger Audio Plus

Intention is to play faux counterpoint lines on electric violin, and take my guitar playing a bit closer to the piano.

With guitar, it doesn’t quite work like a piano damper or sostenuto pedal. On a real piano you can step on a damper or sostenuto pedal, play an arpeggio or melody line, and all the notes you played will keep sustaining as long as you continue holding the pedal. On the guitar, if you do the same thing with the Plus you just get a choppy looping mess. It creates the effect of “sustain” by continuously sampling incoming audio, then looping the sample when you step on the pedal, so for smoother sounding sustained tones, you have wait a bit between plucking the guitar and stepping on the pedal. You can of course not wait and just let the Plus sample your pluck attack and include that with the loop, which has its place, imo. With violin, the bow doesn’t have a sharp attack, so it takes more work to get the choppy sound.

4 Likes

Manual

Scots (now mine) Audiothingies Micromonsta.

I plan to experiment with the MPE functionality using a Seaboard Rise and my MIDIBox Seq V4 as a USB Host for the Seaboard.

If I like it I might try to use/modify my MidiRex firmware to record MPE loops.

2 Likes

Who?

1 Like

The Digitone was my most recent purchase. I like “self-contained” music making devices, like the Novation Circuit or the MPC Live, but wanted to start moving away from “sample-oriented” music making and start emphasizing synthesis. Also, the MPC has so many features that I just don’t use and I wanted a device that was more focused on synthesized electronic music. My “sound” is more of a retro-meets-scifi dance kind of thing, and the Digitone seemed just right for that.

So far it is massively exceeding my expectations. Best musical purchase in YEARS.

10 Likes

In the mail today…

Want to build a portable improv/jam/madness/chaos setup around this one to take an absolute opposite direction as our two men live setup which involves tons of midi setup and huge synths…
Want it to be as plug and play as possible…

I plan : Pyramid,nord drum+nord pad,micromodular and zoia. I’ll start from here and see where it goes… Will I ever resist to bring in the G2 when it’ll be out of maintenance ?..I have to be strong ! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

May I ask you, if you don’t mind how do you get those fatar keybeds ? Even my local repairshop has hard time getting them…Seems they only want to sell huge amount to pro…Thks.

Do you have any comment you would like to share about the Hedra ? I really wonder how it sounds on synths. And if it does bring something different of a Eventide pitchfactor.

Have fun,