What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw]

not technically new to me… I bought it about a decade ago, in fact. but it’s been out of commission for about ten months now, and just got repaired. I moved my studio in the house and as soon as I did, boom, it went down. fixed the immediate issue myself but then other stuff started happening… anyway, while it was down, I modified my desk so the keyboard tray is low enough to hold this and still slide in/out cleanly (see second pic).

super stoked to have this guy back. the repair could’ve bought me a faux 101 (you know the one) and I was pretty bummed about the cost. until I powered it up for the first time… :raised_hands:

I bought a korg volca bass next. I dont know what i bought it for. But i do know it was a good move because my son took it from me and its his now i think

My latest purchase (just arrived): A Raspberry 3B+ and a Pisound audio card as a cheap way (~€140,-) to toy around with home-built OTB devices like effects processors, sound generators, sequencers and MIDI routing/processing.

I will start with some pre-built solutions like MODEP (Mod Duo emulator) and see how I like it and - if necessary - how I can extend it. Since MODEP is based on LV2 plugins it shouldn’t be that hard to extend it for my needs (especially the MIDI processing stuff).

Next on my list is Orac 2.0 to run a “network” of Pure Data patches like on an Organelle. What makes Orac so special is its support for the Push2 as control surface. Since I use Live less and less I’m still looking to get my Push2 back into usage to control OTB stuff.

I was excited when I saw from across the room as I thought it was a 688. I was still intrigued enough to buy it but sadly I’ve had to return it. The transport on it didn’t work properly.

I opened it up to see what it would take to replace belts and discovered someone had already been in there and made a bit of a mess in it. The entire transport body was missing 3 screws and 2 of the legs where it would mount, on one side, were broken.

Too bad as its pretty much only good for parts in its condition.

Bought a Tanzbär 2 as an early Father’s Day/bday gift to myself. Gonna do some German layering with tanz1 and dominion club.

Bummer.