What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I see!

Just bought these awhile back. Very nice and comfortable.

My latest purchase is an eventide h9. I bought it because Iā€™ve been drooling over the space and modfactor for years and couldnt decide which one i wanted. So i got them all!

2 Likes

Not sure what iv gotten myself into yet but we will see lol arriving wednesday

26 Likes

I am really excited to hear what happens! Let us know if you like it!

will do for sure, red very mixed reviews but really want to see for my self as love granular

I think Iā€™ll keep it forever. Itā€™s a great tool.

7 Likes

Tempted to get oneā€¦let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Just ordered a new Akai ACP8200 - dying to be a bit cooler

15 Likes

This weeks pawnshop score

Probably make some more grimy recordings with it if it works. May need some work as I havenā€™t tested it yet but the shop does have 30 return policy on electronics.

Not sure how many more 4 tracks I need but apparently 2 wasnā€™t enough.:man_facepalming:

17 Likes

I joined that DNK Club too.

Will be my main Synth plus X for a while.

13 Likes

Nice! I have one arriving on Mondayā€¦proper exited!
The much talked about ā€™ odd ā€™ shape looks perfect in your setup

1 Like

Craftsynth 2.0 arrived yesterday

intention is to get to grips with making some neurofunk sounds :diddly:

SKULPT, this and OT oughta be fun for some breaks and beats. As SKULPT and craft are both mono instruments, this will leave 2 inputs free on the OT. Maybe some 3rd party fix?

2 Likes

Told myself this is the last purchase for a while Nyx V2

17 Likes

I have those two in their v2 versionsā€¦so nice!!! How do you like the v3s?

Yeah they are great, Iv had the Erebus v3 a while now and for bass lines itā€™s awesome, simple to use and sounds amazing, the nyx V2 is new to me and itā€™s a bit of a steeper learning curve, Iā€™m yet to read the manual but I managed to get a lovely arp lead type sound out of it briefly playing with it for a while last night when I got in but if Iā€™m honest I want to use it for its drone capabilities and see how it compares to my Lyra 8

3 Likes

This gives me flashbacks to the 688 I used 30 years ago. Great machine.

1 Like

not technically new to meā€¦ I bought it about a decade ago, in fact. but itā€™s been out of commission for about ten months now, and just got repaired. I moved my studio in the house and as soon as I did, boom, it went down. fixed the immediate issue myself but then other stuff started happeningā€¦ anyway, while it was down, I modified my desk so the keyboard tray is low enough to hold this and still slide in/out cleanly (see second pic).

super stoked to have this guy back. the repair couldā€™ve bought me a faux 101 (you know the one) and I was pretty bummed about the cost. until I powered it up for the first timeā€¦ :raised_hands:

12 Likes

I bought a korg volca bass next. I dont know what i bought it for. But i do know it was a good move because my son took it from me and its his now i think

4 Likes

My latest purchase (just arrived): A Raspberry 3B+ and a Pisound audio card as a cheap way (~ā‚¬140,-) to toy around with home-built OTB devices like effects processors, sound generators, sequencers and MIDI routing/processing.

I will start with some pre-built solutions like MODEP (Mod Duo emulator) and see how I like it and - if necessary - how I can extend it. Since MODEP is based on LV2 plugins it shouldnā€™t be that hard to extend it for my needs (especially the MIDI processing stuff).

Next on my list is Orac 2.0 to run a ā€œnetworkā€ of Pure Data patches like on an Organelle. What makes Orac so special is its support for the Push2 as control surface. Since I use Live less and less Iā€™m still looking to get my Push2 back into usage to control OTB stuff.

5 Likes

I was excited when I saw from across the room as I thought it was a 688. I was still intrigued enough to buy it but sadly Iā€™ve had to return it. The transport on it didnā€™t work properly.

I opened it up to see what it would take to replace belts and discovered someone had already been in there and made a bit of a mess in it. The entire transport body was missing 3 screws and 2 of the legs where it would mount, on one side, were broken.

Too bad as its pretty much only good for parts in its condition.