What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Whoa, killer deal! Nice score

1 Like

Modal Skulpt and Arturia Audiofuse have joined the Model:Samples, Minibrute 2 and ancient MacBook.

9 Likes

About to subscribe to Splice Sounds to get monthly samples for my Octatrack… Way cheaper than buying an OB6 and there’s a huge variety of sounds for relatively cheap, a few coffees worth of money…

This will hold me over until I can get the Empress Zoia and UDO Super 6 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bigger IKEA desk to create some space for even more gear…:slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve thought about going this way too. Play around with sampled synths in the OT, and see if that can help keep the GAS at bay.

1 Like

Preordered a Digitone Keys to replace my Digitone + Arturia Essentials.

3 Likes

A shoefresh shoe sanitizer for my kidsˋ hockey shoes. Intention: save our lives.

6 Likes

I had a local hi-fi store special-order one of these way back in 1980. I quickly tired of the five preset sounds and simple rhythms. However, I soon became enamored of the mysterious “ADSR” setting that allowed one to create a simple, customized sound. Little did I know what I was getting into. Around the same time I saw Numan on SNL and my future was set. What are my intentions? Digitakt, Model:Samples, Octa… you know the drill.

Only barely lower on the technology scale is this concoction of wire and wood , which arrived the same day as the VL-Tone. Same intentions, really…

11 Likes

I had one of those VL-Tones back in the day. I have no idea what happened to it. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

My uncle had a VL Tone. I used to play on it quite a bit when I’d go over there. Then, when I felt impish I would hit the Demo key and run around with it. I still play the Casio demo song every now and then when people who might know what it is are around. Usually gets a good laugh. :smiley:

That wood and string thing… not sure if you’re familiar with the Wind Waker, but you could definitely play some Zelda tunes on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gonna play some sweet jazz riffs.

25 Likes

Zelda is only peripherally known to me. However, I think my intentions are not far from what you suggest, as I bought this (it’s a 10/9 single-strung hammered dulcimer) to do some faux-medieval style passages.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Or some sweet Dead Can Dance covers.

4 Likes

Empress Zoia, intention: get even more lost

7 Likes

Op-z

Intentions are to learn and have fun.

3 Likes

I couldn’t resist the appeal of buying a Core and having it automatically be upgraded to the Max (which I purchased a couple of weeks back). I intend to blast my VCS3 through the two of them - assuming I can get to the root of an aggravating issue with the VCS3’s filter circuit. :sweat:

I also recently picked up this Wavestation SR on the cheap from Reverb.com. I have been a longtime Wavestation user, having bought an EX when it came out. For years the Wavestation was the center of my music-making process. I’ve owned every incarnation of the Wavestation since (save the iOS version - I do have the desktop plugin version, though). The SR version is the most difficult to deal with, as the display is tiny. However, using something like the free EdiSyn, I will be programming all manner wavesequences and vector patches. It’s a bit scruffy and I will need a set of rack ears for it, but I’m pretty pleased to have this old friend back in the rack.

9 Likes

the original and classic hipsters/modernists

1 Like

Got an akai s20 on the cheap, thought it might be fun to chop some of my old songs up on it… also I just like to look at it. Was it akais take on the model samples?

6 Likes

bought for less than $60.
there are never too many MIDI controllers!

8 Likes