What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Recently bought a DFAM to partner the Mother-32 I have enjoyed so much. Found a cheap 3rd Moog 60HP case also so plan to add some modules to create a 3 tier stack w/ DFAM & Mother-32 with loads of functions below. Just need to find power! The DFAM alone thus far is really inspiring though for techno type happy accident stuff.

5 Likes

I have been toying with the idea of a couple of DFAMs for the longest timeā€¦ I just donā€™t know where Iā€™d put them - my room is stuffed wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling.

Its a super fun box - very organic.

1 Like

It s a Max :slight_smile:

But i play the guitar too casually to justify another investment like that.

1 Like

You certainly can do this. Worth doing if you see a cheap H9 Core.

1 Like

I ā€˜evenā€™ think about a second one :smiley:

Just purchased a A&H Qu-Pac, with the 16-channel snake bundled up for a total of 32 inputs. I intend to finally multi-track record live hardware jams into Ableton. Iā€™ve been using an 8-input interface for ages, and the recording/arranging part of making the tracks has become a buzz kill.

This should enhance my workflow exponentially.

5 Likes

Me too, and Iā€™ve only had it for a day (and the above-mentioned ability to buy a Core and have all of the Max algorithms and presets on it for no extra charge makes it almost a no-brainer).

2 Likes

Highly recommended tactile control https://www.evenmidi.com/midi-controllers/1-evenmidi-h9-midi-controller.html

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ll be looking out for when those are back in stock!

Deckardā€™s Dream. Iā€™ve wanted a proper analog polysynth for a while, but havenā€™t fallen in love with the sound of most modern offerings. Not saying they donā€™t sound good in their own right, just different tone than vintage synths. I also like that itā€™s architecture isnā€™t just the standard monosynth layout multiplied by x voices. The layered approach really appeals to what I want from a polysynth. From the little Iā€™ve been able to play with it so far itā€™s everything Iā€™ve always wanted. It has a somewhat limited pallet, but it just always sounds so good while doing it.

10 Likes

Summer is the season of found sounds!

9 Likes

Love those hats and claps on the 110.

1 Like

@Nils made a little demo of the DR-110 through the Analog Heat. It went from a thin basic rythm to an awesome bottom heavy beat. It was awesome!

If he sees this, maybe he shares the little snippet.

Welcome to the club!

I may spring for an EvenMIDI too if they add Zoia support. I see they support Strymon pedals already.

1 Like

Here is the short snippet:

Some hum noise coming from a slightly malfunctioning spring reverbā€¦
I love the DR-110!

7 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes

Very cool! I had a bit of a session/walk through with it yesterday. Mostly to make sure there are no issues. My first thoughts were about how it would sound through the heat. This confirms my suspicionsšŸ˜

Had some time over the holidays to get stuff done. Sounds great to my ears, sums the channels and maintains clarity. Have sent some drfity space soundtrack stuff off for mastering, recording straight form mixer to zoom h5. Hopefully this is the way forward.

1 Like

How hard is it to build ? any gotchas ? advice ?
I think I might get a couple soldering kits to learn how to use a soldering iron lol
and start making one these or the kijimi

1 Like