What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

MasterSounds mixer!
Channel 1
DFAM + Superdelay, and Mather in to DN
Channel 2
Lyra 8 into AH2
Channel 3
Ot2
Channel4
OT2 Cue or guitar
Booth out to OT2 in AB
REC OUT to recorder, possibly cassette deck.

Replace shelf with something cut properly!

15 Likes

:open_mouth:

Looking forward to some sounds from all that lovely gear!

That Spacecase looks nice. On the Replicator Junior: Iā€™m finding that with some very fine adjustments, I can get good results. I can still hear the splice if I solo the tape with no incoming signal, but itā€™s not as bad as it was yesterday. Itā€™s frustrating because I want to love the thing. Itā€™s so beautifully built. However, I am on the fence about keeping it. Iā€™ve got an RMA from the dealer, so I am set to send it back - and yesterday I was convinced that I would. However this morning Iā€™m not so sureā€¦

1 Like

Just got Rene v2 and brains for my SS. Pumped to learn how to use them!

14 Likes

A Proteus 2000. Always loved the E-MUs and havenā€™t had one since I sold a 2500 and 6400 a few years ago, so itā€™s nice to get one back that doesnā€™t take up much space. Plenty of polyphony, great selection of samples and programming depth when you need it. Theyā€™re insanely cheap these days for such a powerful synth.

Iā€™m hankering after a virus next, used to have a TI for a few years but the TI bit was a headache and psychologically put me off it. I might go for a C so Iā€™m not tempted to go down that road again, but maybe it will work better these daysā€¦ itā€™s stupid because I should have just pretended it was hardware only and everything would have been fine, but itā€™s not easy to think like. But Iā€™ve never had much luck with Overbridge and the A4 and it hasnā€™t bothered me, but I still hope one day it will work properly, the DT is working great with it.

6 Likes

Wow that is intense!

1 Like

It might be worth A Bing it with the big version of the pedal. Maybe it will be better?

1 Like

Thats a really great setup. Right up my street.

1 Like

Latest purchase for a gig

Still the industry standard for excellent gain-before-feedback performance on stage. The AKG D5 I had for gig duties before just doesnā€™t compete IME :diddly:

2 Likes

Latest purchase: Analog Heat

My Intention: DISTORT EVERYTHING!

DRUMS :white_check_mark:
SYNTHS :white_check_mark:
SPACE-TIME :white_check_mark:
MY SENSE OF REALITY :white_check_mark:
MY CAT :white_check_mark:

14 Likes

Pls send pics of distorted cat

3 Likes

Sheā€™s not into it.

11 Likes

Oh lawd she got dat overdrive. Looks like some phasing too! :hushed:

2 Likes

Pittsburgh SV-1 with an 84 HP case! Actually waiting for the case because I have no power supply atm. I intend to learn the thing and build some DIY modules to go with it. Intend to use it much like my Bass Station II, multitracking for beats, but who knows if it will change my flow.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll just let this one go. The big one looks nice, too, but uses the same questionable cartridge. I will stick with my Fulltone, Brennell, and Multivox units for now. Each have their own drawbacks, but no worse than this Replicator. Back it goes.

2 Likes

Shop near me has a used fulltone, be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

1 Like

At the very least, your cat will enjoy the warmth coming off the Analog Heat (seriously, they can get pretty hot after jamming out for a bit). I actually like to turn mine on about 20 minutes before using it. Sort of like pre-heating an oven.

3 Likes

As close to my old Echoplex EP-3 as it can get. Mine suffers from a very, very (nearly inaudible) low-level hum. Iā€™ve never figured out why. It may be simply the nature of the beast. The supplied ground-lifter plug helps immensely. The sound is otherwise pristine. It can be difficult to dial in the perfect time with the slide bar (this was also true of the Echoplex). Buying used might be risky, as Fulltone donā€™t seem eager to support secondhand owners.

1 Like

My latest purchase is (I already own one,ā€¦) an LXR Drumsynth Kit. I intend to build a case around it in summer, and put the old one into storage as backup unit.

1 Like

are there kits again? Where from? I thought they were sold out and I want one

:slight_smile: