What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

My life changed the day I bought my Multiclock.

Sold my old Moog and got the Brute… I intend to take a lot of photos of it, keep it dust free. Just kidding… album no2 coming later this year. :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

man…this thing keeps popping up. is it WORTH the bucks?I fight freakin midi lag all the time.
Logic jitters like a bitch. and ext fx mess shit up. I guess with clock offset you could offset signal going to FX and adjust for the return?

but thats a bunch of buckers.

1 Like

What will I use it for? I think all of you might know the answer to that one… One by one every other synth I own has started to leave… except the Digitone. Time to use OB-6 money to build my first modular and order a hot air reflow station for DIY.

3 Likes

I just got one of these … my first Moog … I am blown away, what a piece of equipment!

23 Likes

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my latest/first addition(s) to a new rig after selling off my studio last year to raise some funds. Here’s a pic of it starting to take shape - focus is on minimal/simplicity, small footprint, portability.

The Digitakt was the first addition (previously an OT owner), the Malekko Manther was the latest - just arrived this week and just setting it all up tonight. I will be using the Manther largely as sample food for the DT, - basslines, percussive hits, FX, drones, melodies etc…listened to every bit of audio I could find before ordering it, and just love its’ character and sound. I also plan on sequencing it with the DT, although the onboard sequencer and motion recording provide some interesting opportunities on their own.

My plan is to add a Yamaha Reface CS (pads and poly duty) and call it a day, other than a small mixer and an FX box or 3. I make mostly hip-hop/trip-hop/IDM styles of music - going for the less-is-more approach and seeing how much ground I can cover by learning these pieces inside and out. And damn if the Digitakt and Manther aren’t a handsome couple!

5 Likes

How long did you wait to get one of these.they always seem sold out.thanks

Just sign-up and you get notified when there is coming a new batch. From my experience the waiting time is 3 months. And be very quick when there is coming a new batch.

1 Like

Nice one.signed up now.cheers

Yeah, the price put me off for a while, but the thing is rock solid. I haven’t had any timing issues with OB in Live or with hardware. It just works, and it’s fantastic. I rarely use the offset or the individual swing settings. No noticeable MIDI drift ever (EVER) was worth it for me.

1 Like

This was brought to me by a friend last week. I used to have one and missed it dearly, so I am thrilled to have another back in my studio. It has a few issues, but I’ve no doubt that we can get 'em ironed out. For the most part, it performs as it should and sounds as sweet as I’d recalled. Now to find a place to put it!

11 Likes

Got my AH mkII a few weeks ago. It’s helping my Nord Drum 2 a lot getting through the mix when playing with loud drums and guitars :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Got a Digitone and a Medusa, traded some gear that didnt get used.

My intentions are to make sounds with them but right now im just playing around with them while i packing my flat to move together with my girlfriend later this week.

I get a dedicated studio room in the new apartment we are moving to and it was she who insisted on having a studio room.

Do i need to say that she is amazing?

7 Likes

Bought a smoked plasctic thing from @PomPomOne

Might use it as a tray.

17 Likes

Had a Barnes and Noble gift card so I got this book… Going to be doing a lot of DIY stuff over the next few years.

Pretty funny. The literal first section of the preface of the book discusses having GAS (“analog synth greed” here) in the 60s and 70s…

6 Likes

Bought iphone7 because my 6s died
No synths for me , unless it’s a free iOS app.

1 Like

Succummed to the deal. Mono station on it’s way.

1 Like

Bought a few things in the last month or so:
Roland V-Synth: wanted a simple sample mangler and a JP8000. This definitely covers both bases and more. Been very impressed and privileged to finally have some private time with this classic. People diss D-Beams, but using it to scroll through a sample or speed/slow it it amazingly responsive. On fact the whole interface is top shelf. The fx are really nice also. Definitely keeping.
Focusrite Compounder: Bought this compressor purely for kick and bass. So far tried it with a VG line 9Q9, and yep, definitely adds weight, along with a little grunge. Surprised how hot the casing gets though.
Roland Integra: Been wanting to explore a JV/XV synth for a long time. This came up locally so jumped on it. Spent a couple of hours so far going through sounds and feel like I have hardly touched the surface. Spent some of last night running loops from Rachmaninoff and Debussy midi files out to it while messing with the 3rd party editor. Impressed especially with the supernatural pianos, guitars and plucks.

1 Like

DIY is very satisfying. I just finished building the ttsh (arp 2600 clone) and boy did it take long , but its fantastic to have a bit of synth history to make music with now! (and for a lot less than the real thing!)

4 Likes

the ttsh cracks me up, because assembled ones sell for what I paid for my 2600 a decade ago. which was a lot then, and they’re double that now (and more, sometimes).

building it yourself is the way to go though. if you buy an assembled one and there’s issues down the road, will a tech know how to fix them? you learn the circuits yourself when you build it, so you can fix the issues in the future. plus, obviously, it’s cheaper to DIY.

1 Like