What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

8 Likes

Just sold my DSI Rev 2 16 voice keyboard and Digitakt is up for saleā€¦ In the process of setting up an Octatrack MKII purchase with my concierge from Musicianā€™s Friendā€¦ Super excited.

Also got a few guitar pedals recently and some maintenance stuff for my guitarā€™s overall healthā€¦

Iā€™ve gone OTB and ITBā€¦ I donā€™t think either is best therefore the best music (from me) is going to come from a mixture of the two as they are simply tools, and do not dictate the product, as opposed to how theyā€™re usedā€¦ Of course great music comes from either school, but I still believe the best is the middle path.

Plan to release an EP by the end of the year if not a little laterā€¦ Working on the third track skeleton but I think my entire progress so far will be wiped when I get my Octatrack.

4 Likes

I got her in key chain form with my fragle rock box set. Henson is still ahead of his time with that puppet masterpiece

1 Like

:sunglasses:

8 Likes

just arrivedā€¦

13 Likes

Bought second hand Nord Lead 3 few weeks ago. It appears to have very mixed reviews? Liking it so far. Anyhoo hope get all this talking with Digitakt. Pondering whether i can use old midi files for 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s fun. Play files via DAW - OB - then save patterns live on DK?

7 Likes

So this is my first post and my first Elektron gear. I got my Digitakt a few weeks ago. So much awesome.

7 Likes

This!

andā€¦ I dunno, have to see how much is possible at once!

definitely some Euclidian Beats generative stuff, maybe sending arps to MGB on a gameboy. Possibly making extra LFOsā€¦ I dunno. If anyoneā€™s got any good tips let me know!

5 Likes

got a digitone today. my second elektron device after using OT for 7 (8 ?) years as my only elektron machine. what should i say ? sounds fantastic and i love it, but already thinking of workarounds all the time ā€¦ some of them not necessary ? my intention is to have fun with it !

3 Likes

You got a tribble?!?!

3 Likes

whatā€™s a tribble? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Kids these daysā€¦ :laughing:

7 Likes

baha :joy:

Iā€™m 40 this month :disappointed_relieved:

I was more of a fizzgig fan myself :wink:
Fizzgig

12 Likes

40ā€™s the new 30. :wink: I know what Iā€™m talking about, Iā€™m 40ā€¦ :smile:
Itā€™s hilarious, the past 10 years went by in a flash when I wasnā€™t looking, hahaā€¦
Its just laps around the sun anyway, Iā€™ll stay forever young in spirit and heart. :smiley:

8 Likes

Welcome! (to anonymous synth addicts) :kissing_heart:

1 Like

lool thatā€™s so true

I had a Lead 1 when the 3 was released, and I found there was an obvious difference, but it wasnā€™t a ā€œbadā€ difference, just a different vibe.
Apparently it was due to Nords departure from Peter Jubelā€™s design talents that everyone found it so ā€œdifferentā€ and as youā€™d expect, heavily criticised. Didnā€™t stop thousands of musicians recording with it for ten years.

3 Likes

I Just ordered this:

Planning to shoot myself while jamming.

1 Like

This guy on GS did a thorough test between the 1 and the 3. Enjoy

2 Likes