What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

:rofl:

Phase Distortion too I shouldnā€™t wonder.

1 Like

Dang itā€¦ I might just have gotten GAS for a watch.

2 Likes

Stop. Buying. Machines. Itā€™s a mantra I uselessly repeat to myself in the hopes that I will one day fill the God-sized hole inside my soul that only can be filled with music related paraphernalia. And, then I think about how awesome it is to be alive in this moment in time on this planet :earth_americas:. I mean, thereā€™s no sound in the vacuum of space since there is no atmosphere through which sound vibrations can travel. I think maybe I need to just focus my attention on the almost limitless options that my current machines provide. Seriously. Oh and I bought a keystep which is quite nice.

9 Likes

Lately, Iā€™m trying to concentrate my purchases on repairs or improvements to my existing setup. With that in mind, I bought one of these little fellows for my Ensoniq EPS. This is actually the second one Iā€™ve bought in the past few months. The first, unfortunately was broken beyond repair.

I couldnā€™t afford one of these back in 1988 when I owned my first EPS, and was forced to sample through what few effects I could afford at the time (Radio Shack ā€˜reverbā€™, Digitech sampling delay pedal and eventually a MIDIVerb III). My intentions are to split out sounds from the EPS and end them through a Digitech sampling delay and a MIDIVerb III. Anyone wanna sell me a Radio Shack reverb? :rofl:

3 Likes

I actually love that reverb. the Audio Damage plugin of it is excellent too.

1 Like

Me too. I was being quite serious. It also (inadvertently) makes a really nice distortion, something I didnā€™t think about until practicing at my then-drummerā€™s house (with future Gin Blossom Scott Johnson on guitar, actually). The drummerā€™s roommate (an awesome guitarist) came in and grabbed it off the top of my EPS and plugged in for a bit of a jam. The session fell apart, but I stopped bagging on that reverb after that!

3 Likes

precisely why I love it!

thatā€™s funny about the Gin Blossoms dude. I have a friend who briefly had a GB cover band, called ā€œthe Gin Awesomesā€ :rofl:

3 Likes

Scott was a super nice guy. He only played with us for a few rehearsals (and taught me the chords for ā€œVenus In Fursā€). This was well before he joined the Gin Blossoms. His then-band The Squares played some shows with us and were featured on a comp album my best friend produced. He was one of the best songwriters Iā€™ve ever had the pleasure to hear. Great singer, too. I only saw the Gin Blossoms once - opening for The Mission in 1990. This was before Scott joined and long before they took off. They were filling in for The Wonder Stuff who cancelled last minute. I didnā€™t mind - I was there to see The Mission. I was so very goth.

4 Likes

Latest purchase is Analog Heat. I am intending to distort. :wink: Mainly synths, as a send effect from my mixer.

2 Likes

I just bought a Maschine mk3. It was an impulse buy. I already own Komplete 11 and never use it, so I thought this might get me back into it. Will set it up this weekend.

But I own and use a Digitakt, Digitone, and Octatrack.

Was it dumb to get the Maschine mk3?

1 Like

Youā€™ll find out soon. You can always resell it. I use komplete 10 ultimate a lot. I put so many hours into battery, kontakt, and the compressor and EQ collection too.

That solid state EQ and dynamics section is really good by the way.

2 Likes

Yes and no lol

I got one over 18 months ago, didnā€™t really gel with it, got heavily into my DJS1000 and strangely back into Ableton which Iā€™d used for years until distracted by maschineā€¦ and then on whim a few weeks ago got it back out , patched it back into the rig and started using it again. Can now see a real role for it , does chords lovely imho, will use it as another riff or beat generator for projects .

Iā€™d recommend the producer tech on line tutorials to get up and running unless you used to maschine

Have fun

2 Likes

Does it have Song Mode?

1 Like

Free The Tone Future Factory delay for my guitar. In pursuit of another great delay pedal for my guitar.

3 Likes

Skulpt - for foggy music by the marsh mornings like today

7 Likes

0coast for my Digitakt

9 Likes

Lovely capture of colours. And I like the little face there.

2 Likes

Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Headphones. Want that freedom to move around

I got these two. I want to replace my laptop in my liveset because I was carrying the macbook, interface & controller just for reverb and delay. The H9 runs on Blackhole reverb and the timeline with the dtape mode. Sync to my midi clock works well.

8 Likes