What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

As usual, no right, no wrong for most of the matters, certainly these ones. Only perspectives, preferences, choices, stuff like that… Almost 8 billion of em these days… :earth_asia: :smiley:

1 Like

True, he’s got some serious skills.

deleted

Got my H9 controller just this friday. Today’s the setup time!

Also, preenfm standalone -> eurorack conversion kit, but that needs some quality soldering time.

2 Likes

I love the sounds on the A4, but as you said, I really love how quickly I produce songs when using this magic box.

1 Like

I have a Mk1, but if I were buying one now I’d def get a mk2.

2 Likes

Harley Benton CST24 in Cherry Flame. Learn to Play it and lay some nice arpeggios beneath a mellow Digitone pad for more organic sounds.

9 Likes

I really like the footprint of my mk1 (and the price I paid!) but yeah I think I agree with you :slight_smile:

You did it! Congrats! That’s a beauty.

1 Like

This should be the end of my guitar buying spree.

Used Eric Johnson Thinline Strat - the f-hole was apparently controversial, but this semi-hollow design actually works imo. There is a pleasant rounding off of the highs and bit extra midrange and bass compared to solidbody Strats. The tremolo can be used with some force, and only for downward pitch bends, but I’m ok with that as I’d probably only use it for downward chord bends like on “Nowhere Fast” by The Smiths.

Read about this cute little amp on the NAMM Oddities website. Sounds really nice, with less hum than the average guitar amp. Spring reverb and tremolo are also great. I’ve been using my Boss Katana 100 as my practice amp, and it’s served fine, but the Roadtripper MCM sounds so much nicer for clean tones. Still keeping the Boss for the band rehearsal and gigging of course.

7 Likes

Isn’t she a peach?

Purchase: AR mk1
Intentions: Gonna be a rock star.

11 Likes

MKI looks SO much nicer than MKII !

4 Likes

It’s here!!

to go with…

Just finished a run of 7x 12 hour night shifts, need sleep. Not sure if I can focus on user manual pdf.

7 Likes

Lofi Dreams Digdugdiy… It’s a very rare kind of realtime sampler, with granular, filter and bit reduction/sample rate… but even more!! 2 days ago I didn’t know the existence of it, see it for sale and decided to try it. Bit expensive(for me) but I intend to use it as a sound design tool, noise generator and happy accidents device… and maybe, one day, I will use it live…

9 Likes

Who needs sleep when you got a Rytm? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Crank the volume, you’ll be fine… :grin:

2 Likes

reminds me of the Delaydelus: https://bleeplabs.com/store/delaydelus/

sadly, I’ve had one of those for ~4 years now and have barely used it. just doesn’t fit into my workflow. if you enjoy that thing and are interested, lemme know!

1 Like

The Grado headphones are enviable too…

Yes, similar style! Interesting device, but for try it would be complicated… I’m in Belgium…:sweat_smile:

Just picked up a Bastl Dude, which is a tiny 5 channel battery powered mixer. I’m planning on using it as a submixer for my semimodular corner for when I don’t want to use the computer and just mess about – it means I can use my DFAM, 0-coast and Grandmother all together into the ext inputs my Analog 4, which is sequencing the whole setup and adding FX. It also adds pretty nice saturation for the DFAM if I drive it.

I’ll probably tidy the cables up at some point :grin:

4 Likes

gonna brush me teeth :+1:t2:

8 Likes