What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

G-Shock 5600 G-Lide. I intend to take it on vacation.

5 Likes

5600 crew!

1 Like

…and it turns out I need a new reverb tank. The one I was sold as “new old stock EMS VCS3/Synthi reverb tank” a year or so ago isn’t what the seller claimed. I had to order another from Germany.

While I was at it, I ordered every pot, cap and transistor to completely restore the VCS3, as well as a mod to rebuild the reverb amp circuit to match the better MkIII reverbs still used by EMS today.

3 Likes

Just treated myself to Roland TR8s and TB-03. Coming Monday. Going to pretend I’m Joey Beltram!!!

9 Likes

Speck X.Sum. rack mixer for (most of) my synths and drum machines. and maybe eventually deployment as a summing mixer…

9 Likes

Ooh, nice…

WM-6DC !!!

Isn’t going to replace my Tascam DR100III any time soon, but once I find a decent mic it’ll be recording background audio, and also plan on making some old time granular samples.
For now, listening to old tapes from high school while I’m on the job.

10 Likes

Just got a Charlie Labs Digitar. It’s an early 90s guitar midi controller. My plans are to use it for creative things.

3 Likes

Ooh, might have to make a trip to the smoke for that one! Thanks for the heads-up!

Check out the tickets quickly; they were going fast yesterday. As I was booking, the seats I had chosen were being taken by others!

1 Like

My latest purchase hasn’t quite happened yet - I just sent my Machinedrum UW MkII off to Elektron so that they can add a + Drive. I am quite excited about this one. My intentions? To bring what I consider the best drum machine ever made up to its fullest potential.

5 Likes

WOW! I have wanted one of those since they first came out! Nice score!

I never heard of it until 3 days ago. Found one on reverb and ordered it blindly. So far its pretty cool.

1 Like

I am sure it would make a wonderful companion to an FM synth - as well as a physical modelling instrument. Really cool idea, that one.

1 Like

I just picked up an Arturia KeyStep and, without a doubt, it’s suddenly opened up my musical horizons and capabilities with the Digitone. Sometimes it only takes one thing - possibly inconsequential; I was working fine without a keyboard previously - to really open the doors to new creative possibilities.

It’s the first bit of new gear I’ve bought in 2019 which is a marvel given that we’re nearly at the end of March!

1 Like

Sweeeeeeet. Neil Cowley is a musical badass.

1 Like

The EvenMidi H9 Controller because I prefer encoders instead of touchscreen or mousing.
Organizing and getting everything working good together is the next priority. So coming up are the Eventide PowerMax solution, the iConnectivity mio10 MIDI interface and the SSL X-Desk mixer.

8 Likes

About the 4 year anniversary of my last music gear purchase…
Light years of stuff to unravel still. Seems like a few Elektron take maybe a decade to master if your not really pushing yourself… :smiley:
Slow and easy… To the depths… :grin:

7 Likes

That thing looks cool. I have been teetering on the edge of picking up and H9 Max, and that could push me over the edge.

2 Likes

I think it’s awesome that one approach is to spend years plumbing the depths of an instrument, searching for everything it can possibly do, while others are content to create something they like and just run with it, knowing they’ll learn more later.

I’ve taken both approaches with various instruments (synths, drum machines, acoustic drums, effects, DAW’s, etc), and both are rewarding.

1 Like