What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Exactly my thoughts for the last 25 or so years brother!!! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

When the unfathomable mysteries of the DX7 do become all too much, it does make for a wicked midi keyboard though!
:grin:

2 Likes
  1. Enjoy the nice keybed
  2. Hate the terrible headphone out
  3. Break your back lifting / moving it
  4. Run it through some fx
  5. Pads!
4 Likes

That headphone out is bloody awful, isnā€™t it.

The rest of it is pretty tidy though, my wife (an actual piano player) is currently going apeshit on a synclav preset. Iā€™ve a feeling this might be my first synth purchase that she actually likes.

4 Likes

I have mine set up running into a mixer with an Analog Drive on the aux send for dirtying it up, especially the organ sounds.

3 Likes

Ooof! Study the midi implementation and hook up an elektron. Go bonkers.

3 Likes

This week I got a Kodamo EssenceFM as well as a Verbos Amp&Tone. Both are fantastic so far. Incoming are an Intellijel 1U Multi FX and an Alesis Midiverb 2

1 Like

I sold mine a while back (just didnā€™t have enough space) but more often than not I had it going through Heat.

2 Likes

New front head for my bass drum. Holy punch you in the spleen batman, it kicks now!

12 Likes

Itā€™s a weird feeling this. Iā€™ve had that heavy moā€™foā€™ for so longā€¦ Loved herā€¦ Hated herā€¦ And now sheā€™s gone!
I know itā€™s only gear, but itā€™s the end of an era.
@Fin25 Iā€™m genuinely chuffed to bits your Mrs. is feeling it as well. It makes all the difference when you know sheā€™s gone to a loving home (Ermentrude ((The DX7)) not your wife)
Iā€™m becoming pathetic. Bed ways is right ways now. Dooby-doo.
:+1::v:

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, weā€™ll look after her.

1 Like
  1. Get an editor.
4 Likes

always been a big fan of the big, boomy sound of no mic hole in the front bass drum head. itā€™s tricky to get right in a mix, and obviously your/the bandā€™s sound has to be right for it. but when you hit the sweet spot it is fantastic. that said: if your sound calls for it, little beats the direct sound of a mic inside the bass drum.

as an aside: I have a friend who once set up to play a show with no hole in his bass drumā€™s front head. after sound check, the venueā€™s sound guy wasnā€™t quite happy with the bass drum sound. so once the band had stepped away, he jumped onto the stage and proceeded to use a cup as a stencil and traced a razor blade around it into the front head. the drummer noticed, and had to be held back from fisticuffs.

1 Like

Depends on the drum. Depends on what sound you want.
Putting a mic in the hole is a by product of the primary reason for the hole, which is to maintain tone, but reduce the sustain and increase the attack.
Thats a Sleishman kit, so with no hole, the bass drum is 18 inch, and resonates a ridiculous amount, like, stupid. So for this particular drum I like a hole, and no dampening anywhere. Dampening kills tone. I play everything Everything wide open.

Yeah, you dont mess with someoneā€™s kit. Ever.

2 Likes

I was just wondering how long that would take to get stolen if you were living in my area.

Adsr the riser
Kind of like the concept of having a dedicated transition fx synth. For normal Iā€™ll program my own (mainly with massive) or just go through loopcloud. This way I hope to easily get that out of the way. And the price (14.99) is alright. I see this mainly as a tool to speed up the process.

Anybody else have this that would like to share their experience on it?

1 Like

The latest additions. The Jomox Resonator is nasty and will pair very well with the Lyra8 for some dark drone sounds. Iā€˜m using it more as a sound source with the feedbacks than as an effect. And in combination with the space echo and the H9 you can make some nice ambient sounds without even using a synth. And I just ordered a patchbay to have some flexibility in fx routing as I only have 2 ins and outs on my mixer left for effects and a simple chain isnā€™t always the best solution.

9 Likes

Wow. I ve had my fair share of clueless ā€œtechniciansā€ but this beats them all.

2 Likes

Just didā€¦

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

A11. Youā€™ll select A11 and then automatically be transferred to 80s power ballad territory.

That patch, including branches of it into sibling products, was the star of 1/3 of all top 100 billboard tracks during a decade.