What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Ever since switching back to DAT 5/6 years ago, I’ve really enjoyed making music again. The whole immediacy to record and the shift in how I listen back is probably one of the most important changes in the studio, that and going back to a mixer (pictured behind)
I picked up these on eBay, used only once so should be good. I can’t wait to use them, soon as my back works again (ouch) Often find some random stuff left on them too haha, the last one had Stakker Humanoid on there :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Totally. Lucky fella :slight_smile:

Damn!

I recently learned this track that blew my mind in a Ken Ishii DJ set ages ago is Stakker Humanoid, who later became FSOL. Missing part in my electronic music history education :smile:

Did you keep it?

Yeah not recorded over that one yet. It’s either a studio collection master or something as lots of random music of that same era. It could as easily be a compilation of an enthusiast I suppose although the music selection sounded super random. I messaged the seller on eBay but no response. UK based though so who knows. Pretty fun discovery though.

2 Likes

Good job marrying her dude!

2 Likes

Cheers man :slight_smile: Lucia started making music herself shortly after too, I’m a crazy lucky guy.

3 Likes

Did you consider she might have married you because of the gear and not because of you? :wink:

7 Likes

haha, not until now :open_mouth:

3 Likes

This beauty arrived in the mail today perfectly timed for the weekend. It’s actually my second Digitone. I got the first one soon after they were released, still giddy from my first Elektron (an OT), and that triggered the need for an A4, which lead me to sell the DN again, as learning three new Elektrons at the same time(one of them being an OT), is not a good idea.

Now recently I felt the craving for FM again, and buying an M:C made it clear that I needed a deeper fix, so here we go again…

What a beautiful machine this is! - And the recently added ratio-offsets really brings it (even more) to life! :heart:

10 Likes

Nice! Stakker Humanoid was a groundbreaking track. Does it contain the stems, or just the finished production?

1 Like

It’s just the final track. I would guess there probably wasn’t stems originally, although could be wrong. Be interesting to know actually. I reckon it’s just a enthusiast collection. I did a A B comparison to another track on there (Seal) and sounds identical master.

1 Like

Have been tempted by this myself, although have a DX7, but still this is obv so much more, and a damn sight smaller and lighter, but I’m still trying to get a collection of tracks out of the Rytm Mk2…failing so far. This does look super cute tho.

1 Like

Nice!!! Be prepared for the buttons to be a little wonky. Other than that you’ll be blown away by this synth!

It’s super cute! :slight_smile: And very easy to to get lovely sounds out of. (Got a RYTM too, and feel this will supplement it very nicely.)

1 Like

Nice. My wallet is crying :sob:

1 Like

This months purchase is 400.00 less credit card debt and a slightly brighter halo :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Mine works sweet on IOS with Filmic Pro. I have not checked audio because I don’t need it. If I need audio I will take a Zoom recorder anyway.

It just arrived! Been in the studio all day and forgot to eat breakfast and lunch. I should probably do that before diving in or I wont be eating until 8 or 9pm

3 Likes

Weeks may pass before you remember to eat again! :joy:

3 Likes

Everytime I see an Output table I want one!

2 Likes