What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Chordimist CHORDimist v1.0

This thing is just pure awesomeness! Especially if you hook up the Digitone to it. Unfortunately it’s not possible to record these slidey offbeat arpeggios into the sequencer, but still you can pretend to be a pro keyboard player with one press of a button :smiley:

1 Like

My best purchase is definitely a roborock S5 for cleaning the living room and kitchen. I love it, maybe more than my ot. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Can i get her to befriend my gf and give her some subtle present choosing tips? My birthday s in november so there s some time to work it.

3 Likes

Intentions: simple mixing and multi-tracking without my MacBook and audio interface

14 Likes

Critter & Guitari Eyesy, Raspberry Pi Pico, pins, and the Pimoroni VGA demo board all showed up tonight!
Intentions = more project ammo and environments to continue learning Python through.

18 Likes

So, a really good friend (groomsman at my wedding) is giving me an MKS-70.

I helped him move a few years ago, and I remember he had a pile of random gear in his basement (PCMCIA audio interfaces, blown speakers, rack gear) that he just gave to his old next-door neighbor. After he gave it away, he showed me a picture of the pile, and I noticed the MKS-70. I was making electro at the time and was like OOOOOOH damn.

So somewhat randomly, today, I asked him about the MKS-70, and what his neighbor has done with it. He called him, then called me back and said,

“I just talked to him. He’s not using it and we both agree that since it was given to each of us, it should be given to someone who’ll use it. Only condition is that you can’t just liquidate it.”

So yea, super excited! Going to drop off a bottle of bourbon to him as a thank you.
One of my OTs has several free MIDI tracks open and all 4 inputs open for both of the MKS-70’s stereo outputs (it’s bitimbral).
My intentions are to use those inputs and MIDI tracks, and make some OT+MKS-70 tunes.

44 Likes

That’s hot.

Just listened to some demos. That thing sounds sick! :+1:t6:

[expensive still] :grimacing:

Congrats!

There’s a MPG-70 Controller on Reverb. I think it works with the MKS-70. My roomate has this set-up. Never uses it. Maybe I should ask to use it for a while…Hmm. Sounds fun.

1 Like

“A while” :wink:

1 Like

A Reuss Repeater MkIII - a fairly decent replication of the effects circuit built into late 60s VOX/EKO guitars - the Starstreamer, etc. Crude fuzz, treble boost, repeat percussion.

What will I do with it? Turn the volume up, hit one chord repeatedly, and pretend its 1986 and I’m in the Spacemen 3, I guess. I’m not sure it has any other use.

But for those of us around in 1986, it was quite a formative sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqVuBzbRZXU

1 Like

Thanks.
It’s not going to leave the studio, so I’m going to try out this M4L JX8P editor that I’ve already made some tweaks to. Going to use it to translate MIDI CC#s from OT and see how far that gets me. I’m seeking automation as much as control, so hopefully that works out.

The MPG-70 MK2 looks real cool! Pretty full featured with memory expansion option. Maybe some day down the road. Wild that there are like at least 4 different hardware programmers out there now.

2 Likes
  1. barely used 2nd hand Launchpad Mini Mk3.
    intention: will use it as control surface for MC-707 (launching clips), NTS-1 (switching oscillators and effects), etc etc.
    i have Mini Mk2, but it does not support setting LED colors via SysEx messages, so i was unable to re-use the code i already wrote for Launchpad Pro. i just did not want to spend another 2 or 3 weeks on developing completely different implementation of the same thing.
  2. i7-3612QM CPU. time to upgrade my venerable laptop to 4 physical cores.
2 Likes

Fantastic instrument.

4 Likes

Do you have one?

I’m probably going to get the Vecoven flash storage (16 banks) + eprom upgrade, if he has any available. I’d need to upgrade the eprom(s) either way to be able to control it from the MIDI jacks, so might as well spend another $100 and get CC#s for direct control from the Octatrack with the vecoven firmware. And the added memory banks would be wonderful to have.

I’d be curious to hear from anyone who has also installed the vecoven upgrade and firmware.
The 4.0 PWM upgrade would be biting off way more than I could chew right now, but I’d consider it down the road.

1 Like

i don’t know where this original MKS-70 manual came from or why i have it. i never owned a MKS-70. if you want it PM me your shipping address and i’ll send it to you.

IMG_3331

18 Likes

got myself a new steel string. had the first since I was a teenager back in the 90’s and it is well beat up - a Yamaha FG series.

tbh I recently thought you know, I deserve a better guitar. I can’t believe I’ve had this acoustic for 25 years. And now it creaks and moans and buzzes, the pickups fallen out, battery compartment exploded. so it was time. and I’ll probably get the old girl fixed up anyhow. I like playing in multiple tunings so it will be nice to have two options on hand.

and I was in store trying the Taylor’s, Martins, Cole Clark’s, all the fancy stuff, in the end the trusty old Yamaha just sounded fine to me, the new A1R, and played equally as well, for a quarter of the cost. stoked :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Thanks @mewraz

The panel is absolutely stunning!!

6 Likes

No, but I’ve had both a JX-8P and JX-10P. I now ‘only’ have the MKS-80, but wish the ‘70 was in the rack alongside it. The ‘JX’ line is probably my favorite Roland era. It was sort of the ultimate refinement of analog subtractive synthesis and it was a shame that it was pretty much abandoned for sample-playback machines.

3 Likes

I always wanted to own an A4 :heart_eyes:
This pretty beast comes to replace my previous synth (MonoStation) in my little setup

14 Likes